Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love fraud alerts

tag
Carlile92
Regular Contributor

I love fraud alerts

I have had a super itchy app finger and today I called and disputed the only bad thing on any of my reports and when I spoke with a Experian rep she went through the process of disputing it because it says the account was open when I was 12 and what she also did was add a fraud alert to my report which she said will notify other cra of it also so I guess my itchy app finger has no power now couldn't get it even if I qualified and I will be extremely happy to have it to keep me from even trying to apply guess I'm in the garden club willingly and unwillingly which is great so I will be able to let all of my cards age and report good management 800 club here I come hopefully the world does not end next year that is when all inquires will be losing affect on my score and I can not wait
Fico's in 500s across all three and one nfcu nrewards card with 2k limit for rebuilding
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I love fraud alerts

I got approve for walmart and for belk with a fraud alert on my reports. Does fraud alert hurt your approval chances?

Message 2 of 4
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Carlile92 wrote:

I have had a super itchy app finger and today I called and disputed the only bad thing on any of my reports and when I spoke with a Experian rep she went through the process of disputing it because it says the account was open when I was 12 and what she also did was add a fraud alert to my report which she said will notify other cra of it also so I guess my itchy app finger has no power now couldn't get it even if I qualified and I will be extremely happy to have it to keep me from even trying to apply guess I'm in the garden club willingly and unwillingly which is great so I will be able to let all of my cards age and report good management 800 club here I come hopefully the world does not end next year that is when all inquires will be losing affect on my score and I can not wait

Carlile92, you've got to keep that itchy app finger busy hitting something other than the "Submit Application" button...

Try hitting the two keys which are just to the right of the "M" on your keyboard...and, they're inquiry-free, too!   Smiley Happy 

(just good natured ribbing here)

Message 3 of 4
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got approve for walmart and for belk with a fraud alert on my reports. Does fraud alert hurt your approval chances?

No - I've had a fraud alert on my credit reports for over two years, and while it does not hurt your approval chances, it does hinder the approval process...i.e., it just takes a little longer to verify the app...

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.