Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love shop discover!

tag
cottontop
Contributor

Re: I love shop discover!

Sure do, and a lot of the time they are running 5-15% back in Sears points, and yes, they do stack with shopdiscover,giftcards.  In fact that TV qualified for 15% back in sears points, making it over 35% off, but I didn't count that because you actually have to make another purchase to use sears points.  But another interesting fact, I redeemed $100 in Sears points for a pair of shoes, went thru the shopdiscover portal to sign in and make transaction, paid no money, credit or gift card, and got 5% discover cash back on a Sears Points Redemption!

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 11 of 23
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Wow, nice valuable info.  I shall pay more attention to shop discover before buying elsewhere

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 12 of 23
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@cottontop wrote:

FYI on Sears purchases, its 10% + regular 1% thru tomorrow.  Also, a nice trick on Sears is to go on the gift card resell sites and buy Sears, Kmart or Lands End (they all the same company) gift cards at close to a 10% discount (pay for gift cards with a 2% cashback card to make it 12% xtra).  Then pay thru the shopdiscover portal with the gift cards.  You still get the full cash back.  Have done it several times, but always leave a little $5-$25 balance to charge to the discover after applying the gift cards.  Ordered a TV today, that added up to 23% off.  You will get an email from discover about 8pm Central Time on the 2nd day after purchase confirming additional cash back earned.

Wait i thought on Shopdiscover you need to charge a full amount on your credit card to be able to get a full cash back.

Example you buy $200 gift card elsewhere then go through SHOPDISCOVER buy a TV for $600. Then you only get 10% cash back from 600-200= 400 (10%) from there right ?? Am i missing something guys ??

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 23
cottontop
Contributor

On Sears, for some reason, they pay discover cashback on the full amount, even if its rewards points, gift cards, or a completely different credit card, ie Chase. I haven't tried such methods for discover cash back on other retailers, but for Sears, it works.
Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Message 14 of 23
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@cottontop wrote:
On Sears, for some reason, they pay discover cashback on the full amount, even if its rewards points, gift cards, or a completely different credit card, ie Chase. I haven't tried such methods for discover cash back on other retailers, but for Sears, it works.

Really ???woowww it's a lot of cash back you earned there.......one thing i know Sears taking Discover payment.....they probably partner to doing such thing.......i guess i gotta move all my shopping to sears Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 23
cottontop
Contributor

Google this for more details: FrequentMiler Laboratory
Message 16 of 23
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I better get on the ball with you guys!! 

I haven't quite looked into all of this but I will now.  Thanks for all of the info!!!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 17 of 23
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Be careful someone getting to greedy and they going to shut down their CC products ;-(

Message 18 of 23
cottontop
Contributor

I pretty sure this is a Sears loophole, not discover. Similar experiences reported on UR Mall and other portals. Besides, spending $75 to make $25, just for the heck of it, is stupid
Message 19 of 23
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Lol this reminds me of the time Amex gave me 3-5x pts(cant remember exactly) on the full amount of my apple laptop that I only paid 87$ on my Zync towards. I asked if it was a mistake and they said nope. Lol
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.