Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I <3 the Walmart Card!

tag
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

I <3 the Walmart Card!

As if that hasn't been said here enough already!

I'm getting ready to apply for a mortgage.  As such, I'm trying to better my utilization.  Although I have no balance on any of my other cards, I'm currently close to 90% on my Walmart card.  I know, I know ... I need to pay this off and I have a plan to do so.  In the meantime though, I wanted to see if they'd give me a CLI (I was hoping they could double my current CL).  So I held my breath and called the backdoor number.  After verifying my identity and providing my income, he asked if I'd hold while he looked over my account.

I held my breath for at least 2 minutes of the worst elevator music ever.  When he came back, there was a pause and I was expecting him to offer an apology as to why they couldn't grant my CLI request.  BUT ... instead he offered his congratulations!  They doubled my limit!!!  Woo Hoo :-)

(*edited to fix a typo -- I was too excited while typing)

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: I <3 the Walmart Card!

Congrats!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congratulations 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 12
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Yay! Congrats!
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 4 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats! I am close to requesting my first Walmart CLI within the next month.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 12
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

Good to know they do CLIs even while the card is maxed. I'll keep that in mind. When the CSR put you on hold, for what reason did he do so? Was the CLI a SP as well? And congratulations btw...Smiley Happy

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 7 of 12
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

I couldn't have done it without all of the advice from all of the fabulous fico folks that post on thest boards!

It was a soft pull (I asked).  He put me on hold while he reviewed my credit report.  Even though my Walmart card had a large balance, my 3 other cards did not.  There have been significant improvements to my credit since I got the card.  I got the card at the end of November, called that very day for a CLI (doubled from $300 to $600).  Then I called today for another CLI (doubled from $600 to $1200).  Each time I asked for a double CLI, they agreed.

It was only after reading the advice of others that I had the knowledge and the courage to get this card, access the TU Fico they offer, and make it work for me.  Thank you to everyone who's ever posted helpful advice about Walmart and other GE cards.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 8 of 12
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

GratZ, Good ole GE.

Message 9 of 12
somotao
Frequent Contributor

Nicely done....Congratulations.....Next step is to bring down the Util Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 500s
Current Score: EQ: 708myFICO(7/15/17), TU: 721myFICO(7/15/17), EX: 701myFICO(7/15/17)
Goal Score: 750

Wallet: Discover IT $50300, Capital One Platinum $17000, Barclays Rewards $6700, Walmart $6000, Amazon Store Card $6000 Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000, Chase Sapphire Reserve $10000, Bank of America Cash Rewards $500. BestBuy $10000
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.