Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm In To Deep!

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm In To Deep!

I do something very similar to UborrowUpay...

I have a notebook (I splurged on a nice one!) and each open page will have notes on the left had side associated with the accts listed  on the right.  Across the top I have:

*Who/Balance.................*Due Date...............*PD?..............Date PD/Method    *

*Notice up there it isn't "min. due", but max

*Just for reference

*How much did I pay?

*At the end, I write what the bal is now, then that goes into the "notes" for the next month.

Most of my cc's & utilities are due between the 25th & 30th.   My second check of the mo (pd every other week) is always that group.  Then what's left over...hehe...what's that?? JK Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 11 of 25
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I just keep a list of my accounts on the side and run through them on the computer from time to time. During some periods this review can occur daily. I don't like surprises. This makes them easy to catch. I also have gotten into the habit of paying those accounts that I have a revolving balance on as soon as the statement cuts. I can always pay more later in the month.
Message 12 of 25
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
I just keep a list of my accounts on the side and run through them on the computer from time to time. During some periods this review can occur daily. I don't like surprises. This makes them easy to catch. I also have gotten into the habit of paying those accounts that I have a revolving balance on as soon as the statement cuts. I can always pay more later in the month.

Right!  I've done the same.  Throw a $20 on it to satisfy the min. , then on payday, put down 3 - 400.  I like writing down those balances as they drop.  Gives me a more tangible reality on what I've accomplished. Esp. when I pay...and the bal is $0 !!!  Smiley Surprised  woop woop!

Message 13 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

My list is on excel.

I have multiple sheets in one workbook.

First sheet shows Outstanding Balances 

- On that sheet the column heading are -

Creditor    Limits        1-Jun    1-Jul    1-August   UTL

The UTL field calculates whatever it is for the latest month.

The next sheets are one for each month and each has the following headings:

Creditor/Co    Amount Owed    Amount Paid    Date Due    Bill Date    Paid Date    Over/Under paid    Con. No

This has all my monthly outgoings for bills, cell phone, car payments, rent, credit cards etc on it

At the bottom there is my pay dates (2 a month) and it calculates which payments need to be made in the first half of the month (paycheck one) and which in the second half of the month (paycheck two) I then put in my paycheck amount and it tells me how much I have left.  On each months page I then keep a ledger of what I spend on top of my set bills by just inputting the numbers on each day and it will reduce down my balance appropriately showing me what is left of my paycheck the day the next one is paid (so I know how much I can use to make extra payments to credit card companies)

I'm not sure that I explained that very well but... heh technology is my friend.

Message 14 of 25
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

That made total sense!  I have just my mtg, one cc (PIF ) and my Vonage due with 1st pay.  The rest is on Pay #2 & the $ remaining feeds me and my car & the cats til next month!
Message 15 of 25
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Of course now that you've divulged you know somebody's gonna want it, right?
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was that addressed to me?

If they do that's fine - i'll just need to blank one out and make sure that it has a sheet made up for each month and then throw it up on a download site for people to grab it.  Heh if anyone wants me to then just let me know and i'll do it.  I'm at work for the next 9 hours or so and then have 12 hours of work tomorrow night so plenty of time.

Message 17 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

My list is on my Bookmarks tab on my laptop. (Favorites for you IE folk --I'm in Firefox.) They're listed at the top of the Bookmarks list, in order of statement date. Every time (literally every time) I log on, I check the bookmarks tab to see which accounts are coming up next, so that I'm always on top of my PIF'ing.

I have a pretty flaming case of adult ADHD, and visual cues work best for me. Since lates are my only baddies, I'm hyper-sensitive to the slightest possibility of missing a payment.

So this is what I see when I log on and click Bookmarks:

Photobucket

(USAA is at the top, because it's my primary bank.) I completely realize that this is deeply bizarre to those of you who live and die by Excel and so forth, but as I've said in other areas, the best system is what works specifically for you.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 25
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

NO JUST KIDDING! lol

I remember there was a time i would apply for credit like crazy i can say I'm honestly happy with the 10 credit cards that i was approved for this past year an i can go the next 3 years without applying for anymore cards.. I think the only hard thing to do is to keep up with the due dates which i don't have a big issue with. I be so paranoid about missing a payment i check all my online accounts like 3 times a week.

You only check them 3 times a week? I go online and check ALL my accounts every day; sometimes several times a day. And I'm not paranoid. (Am I???) You need to pick up the effort!!!! Just joking with you. I think if more folks were diligent about account security and accuracy they would be better off.

7/09
TU-742
EQ-779

Time can heal all wounds and a low FICO. 

Message 19 of 25
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Was that addressed to me?

If they do that's fine - i'll just need to blank one out and make sure that it has a sheet made up for each month and then throw it up on a download site for people to grab it.  Heh if anyone wants me to then just let me know and i'll do it.  I'm at work for the next 9 hours or so and then have 12 hours of work tomorrow night so plenty of time.

So you're saying you'll be paid to do this!!??  Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.