Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm In To Deep!

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm In To Deep!

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
My list is on my Bookmarks tab on my laptop. (Favorites for you IE folk --I'm in Firefox.) They're listed at the top of the Bookmarks list, in order of statement date. Every time (literally every time) I log on, I check the bookmarks tab to see which accounts are coming up next, so that I'm always on top of my PIF'ing.

I have a pretty flaming case of adult ADHD, and visual cues work best for me. Since lates are my only baddies, I'm hyper-sensitive to the slightest possibility of missing a payment.

So this is what I see when I log on and click Bookmarks:

Photobucket

(USAA is at the top, because it's my primary bank.) I completely realize that this is deeply bizarre to those of you who live and die by Excel and so forth, but as I've said in other areas, the best system is what works specifically for you.

That's one sweet list!!!  I might just have to rename my accts like that!  I KNOW those dates are the due dates. I might have to toss in 2 dates....1 - due...2 - posts to CRA's  hahahahaha

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 21 of 25
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

In fact, those are the statement dates, not the due dates. I'm one of those PIF before statements folks.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

So you're saying you'll be paid to do this!!??  Smiley Very Happy

The joys of working night shifts on IT Support... I just have to sit here and wait for people to call me with things to fix - all the proactive stuff has already been done... I swear this is most of the reason that I have done well on scores.  The excel list, I have similar bookmarks on my Firefox Bills Section, and a load of time all along with this website

Ha just got scores for DH and I fwiw (from my mortgage preapproval - eek)

April 2008         July 2009

DH TU       526                     680

DH EQ       527                    645

DH EX       531                     663

October 2008*    July 2009

ME TU        618                   719

ME EQ       600                   691

ME EX        612                   703

*first time I had a score

I'll be paying down my balances (well AU accounts which are the only ones with balances) to less than 1% on one card at the end of the month so hopefully both our scores will get a little more nudge then Smiley Very Happy

I'll stop hijacking this thread now.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently things are really slow at the hospital tonight (or they are all too busy to call me with IT Problems)

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=374f174cdbf3821c67cd7f7bd65f7eefe04e75f6e8ebb871

My excel worksheet is there - with all the formulas alredy included. You will need to copy and paste once you have put in your info with creditors, utility companies and due dates but if anyone wants to try it then knock yourselves out and feel free to PM if you want any help Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 25
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
In fact, those are the statement dates, not the due dates. I'm one of those PIF before statements folks.

That makes SO much more sense.  In my notebook, on the left in the notes...statement dates.  I've been doing the "pay by statement date" for the last several months. Once I realized that that is the date they report to the CRA's!  Took me forever to realize that!  Duh! Smiley Tongue

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.