Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in Heaven

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm in Heaven

I just joined Scorewatch because I was curious to see my credit score and was amazed to see my credit score was 671. I know, I know Nothing to write home about but This is a signifigant milestone in my persuit of perfection because after doing many simulations I know that I'm on the right path to my goal of at least a 700 score. Because of my newfound knowledge I won't be getting any more credit cards, I will keep my utilization at 5%, and I'll continue to pay my bills early. 671 was better than was expected and and finally gives me a starting point and a goal.

Moderators and fellow posters please offer me the knowledge that can help me progress....Cheddar I know you're out there......Though I think I've done a great job on my own I need the prefessionals to help me reach the next level and any advice would help. This is a very important time in our lives and within a year I must reach a goal of home ownership. I appreciate all the support that we've recieved from those that responded to my posts but we need some knowledge that will help in reaching the ultimate goal. I just ask that if you can help please read my previous posts and help us any way you can. I thank this forum for basically helping me realize the importance of establishing a good credit history but now I ask you to take us to the next level.
Message 11 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just want to say I'm sorry to adamseve for offending her.
Message 12 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any more advise anyone can give me to improve my situation and put me on the right path for years to come?
Message 13 of 74
voidman
Established Contributor

well,

you been doing the hardwork and i guess you are on the right path, though i am a beginner here are few that you probably already know,

Don't close any of those 4 accounts.
Leave little balance 10% or less on 2 or less of those cards (not zero).
dont miss a payment,
dont cross the limit.

I guess having a installment type loans might help too.
-void
Message 14 of 74
mzme2
Established Member

Congrats RichRaven......... You are well on your way to having perfect credit, you have been doing GREATLY on your own. I would suggest that you take your owe adivce, not stepping on anyone's toes, but what works for someone else might not work for you.

Again........Congrats and keep up the good work. And remember..........Keep your head up HIGH you deserve it.Smiley Wink

If you tired once & failed..........GET UP and Try, Try Again until you reach your goals.

I'm tryin to hit the 700 club by years end.

4/21/08 - Ex 679 TU 634 EQ 554
6/1/08 - Ex 670 TU 643 EQ 552
Message 15 of 74
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

Yes by having an installment loan will help your score due to mix of credit. Hopes this help
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 16 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awwwwww. I have to be perfectly honest with you...that hit home, touched my heart and brought a tear to my eye. No sarcasm here...being perfectly honest. Awesome story.
Message 17 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

No need to take on an installment loan unless you need to though. You will hit 720 within a year of spotless payment history probably.
Message 18 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think I will qualify for a conventional mortgae if our plan is followed?
Message 19 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to help establish my wife's  credit history. First, what would be the best way to bring my wife on board and help her establish credit. I was just approved for the 2 cards and don't want to add any more inquiries. My question is two fold. Should I cosign for he to get a card or add her to my cards as a joint user not an authorized user and is this possible. My accounts are with WaMu, Orchard, BofA, and Cap One. Secondly, the alternative is to get her 2 low limit secured cards as I did and build her credit that way. Also, can anyone recommend any cards that accept a person with no credit history? Your help is greatly appreciated and if you need more information please read this post for as you all know I'm not short on explaining everything.
Message 20 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.