cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm in love with Citi, and Citi's in love with me!

tag
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm in love with Citi, and Citi's in love with me!

@kobe81 wrote:
Thanks so much. I'm scared to do it. Do they do a hard pull on my credit reports, or is it an instant increase?

I just had a CLI last week.  After I clicked "Request a Credit Line Increase," I was asked if I wanted to accept an offer for a CLI of $1000.  It was also explained that no hard pull was involved.   

It's been the experience of other Forum members, that if a form appears, and you supply the information requested, it will lead to a hard pull.  You can always decline (or go "Back" ) before an actual hard pull is made on your credit report. 

Message Edited by psychic on 12-29-2008 02:03 AM
EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 11 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

What everyone else says is correct. If it is an instant approval, there is no hard pulled and it states so on the screen. If they ask for a form to be filled out, you are essentially trying to override the system. This will result in a hard pull with no gaurentee of approval for the CLI.
Here we go again...
Message 12 of 15
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

And what does it mean when whenever you press that link, you're instantly denied?Smiley Sad

At least no hard pull, though, but its happened twice. Fool me once....

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 13 of 15
brooklyngal
Contributor

I thought that when the link showed, the increase was "guaranteed".  Thank goodness I've been fortunate enough to get these increases regularly *knock wood*.

@Math_Rocks wrote:

And what does it mean when whenever you press that link, you're instantly denied?Smiley Sad

At least no hard pull, though, but its happened twice. Fool me once....

I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the increases it will drastically increase your utilization. 
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.