cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking to earn MR points. Which cards do you guys recommend?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm looking to earn MR points. Which cards do you guys recommend?

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking to start earning MR points in the near future and would like some opinions. I currently earn UR as I have the CSP and FU (Going to apply for CSR in the near future). What MR earning cards would you guys recommend?  I know there's ED, EDP, PRG, Amex Plat (More so for perks than earning with the exception of 5x flights and hotels through Amex travel site.)Thanks in advance guys! 

by what means do you plan on earning these MR points?  fly, hotel, etc?  if you are an airport rate the plat is 5x, for the occasional liftoff the prg is a good choice.  if you fly is there there a club at the airport you depart from?  why do you feel the need to dilute your efforts from chase?  just curious

Earning MR points for flights. I live in Orlando so MCO is my airport but I frequent O'Hare in Chicago. I would like to have points to just collect points from both programs. I'm still on the fence. Do you think I should just stick with Chase and UR?

@add up the $ for your flight and fee the #s into a plat or prg and factor in the plat club access.  now do the same for the chase.  if it were me I would wait for the csr to pop up more than the 50K sign or get an ink @ 80 or 100 and totally forget about ax.  ax = sign bonus to me, period end of story. and yes my prg is on the way out, got a 25K ED to store my points.  chase is the best imo; us based service, dont have to choose a carrier, $ for the travel credit.  check out reddit for further details it is much better for people that are after points than this board

I was going to stick with Chase for a majority of my travel plans was just thinking of ideas. I agree with you. Can you get an Ink Cash without a business? I heard you're not supposed to use it for personal use as they could possibly close the account. A CSR is on my radar even if I have to PC my CSP and wait for a higher sign up bonus.

you don't need ideas you need focus.  sell something on craigs or ebay.  there, you have a business.  get an ein # on line.  go into a branch and open a bus checking account.  there are rebates floating around for 200-300 $.  the ink offers will pop up.  use your income.  get the ink, meet the spend.  take your 85K and do with them as you will.  the csr points will go up.  soon.  pc your csp to whatever and distribute the cl to your cards if you go the csr route

You're absolutely right! Thanks for the help! I really appreciate you taking the time out. Time to start earning more UR! Smiley Very Happy

@I am sorry to be short with you, just dealing with a problem and trying to help when I can.  I could tell you an ax story that would make you run to chase but I will spare you.  if you want to get points get a csr when it comes back out @ ~75 and get an ink @ 80 and start planning your trips

No worries. You're being very helpful. I have time, if you're willing to tell the story.

Message 11 of 18
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

prg in 3/16.  50k, amazon $ 100, alaska $ 100, $ 75 retention.  af hits in 5/17, have 30 days to cancel.  i have moved to chase for my cards and points so i am done with ax.  need a place for my prg and old platinum points.  used a fresh load of chrome on pc @ incognito and got an everyday 25K offer.  apped on 3/19, declined.  reason = deceased.  called ex and had them scan their records and confirmed all is good.  Got a csp in 2/17 and they hit ex so the issue in that the backend of the ax system.  Tried to talk to several ax depts. and because they are outsourced nobody could even figure out what deceased means.  I have 60-90 days to recon the 25K app so I decided to just wait a month.  Tried to find another 25K offer to just apply again and nothing.  Called recon on 4/19 – declined again because I am dead.  There is no way to talk to uw at ax and they prob don’t speak the language anyway.  Emailed the chairman’s office a few and got read receipts but nada.  Called the prg # on the card, got a nice mostly English speaking lady, told her the story and she reached out to uw and they are going to investigate the issue further to see why they think I am dead and will process my ed app when I show up alive again.  I would just transfer out and be done with these morons but I have too many points.  There you have it, complete idiots based on results, a total ship of fools.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@prg in 3/16.  50k, amazon $ 100, alaska $ 100, $ 75 retention.  af hits in 5/17, have 30 days to cancel.  i have moved to chase for my cards and points so i am done with ax.  need a place for my prg and old platinum points.  used a fresh load of chrome on pc @ incognito and got an everyday 25K offer.  apped on 3/19, declined.  reason = deceased.  called ex and had them scan their records and confirmed all is good.  Got a csp in 2/17 and they hit ex so the issue in that the backend of the ax system.  Tried to talk to several ax depts. and because they are outsourced nobody could even figure out what deceased means.  I have 60-90 days to recon the 25K app so I decided to just wait a month.  Tried to find another 25K offer to just apply again and nothing.  Called recon on 4/19 – declined again because I am dead.  There is no way to talk to uw at ax and they prob don’t speak the language anyway.  Emailed the chairman’s office a few and got read receipts but nada.  Called the prg # on the card, got a nice mostly English speaking lady, told her the story and she reached out to uw and they are going to investigate the issue further to see why they think I am dead and will process my ed app when I show up alive again.  I would just transfer out and be done with these morons but I have too many points.  There you have it, complete idiots based on results, a total ship of fools.

Oh wow! That sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully it all works out in the end.

Message 13 of 18
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@prg in 3/16.  50k, amazon $ 100, alaska $ 100, $ 75 retention.  af hits in 5/17, have 30 days to cancel.  i have moved to chase for my cards and points so i am done with ax.  need a place for my prg and old platinum points.  used a fresh load of chrome on pc @ incognito and got an everyday 25K offer.  apped on 3/19, declined.  reason = deceased.  called ex and had them scan their records and confirmed all is good.  Got a csp in 2/17 and they hit ex so the issue in that the backend of the ax system.  Tried to talk to several ax depts. and because they are outsourced nobody could even figure out what deceased means.  I have 60-90 days to recon the 25K app so I decided to just wait a month.  Tried to find another 25K offer to just apply again and nothing.  Called recon on 4/19 – declined again because I am dead.  There is no way to talk to uw at ax and they prob don’t speak the language anyway.  Emailed the chairman’s office a few and got read receipts but nada.  Called the prg # on the card, got a nice mostly English speaking lady, told her the story and she reached out to uw and they are going to investigate the issue further to see why they think I am dead and will process my ed app when I show up alive again.  I would just transfer out and be done with these morons but I have too many points.  There you have it, complete idiots based on results, a total ship of fools.

Oh wow! That sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully it all works out in the end.

I don't have thet time nor the energy to deal with these bozo's, if I did have a stack of points you would not be reading my words.  if they cannot figure it out then I will have to keep the prg and hope they give it to me as I am too dead to apply for a new card.  you cannot make this stuff up.  the real problem is that nobody want to fix it

Message 14 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

To channel a certain kind of poster on here:   "Mmmm, I think there is more to this story than we are hearing here.   I bet bourgogne is really dead and is just pretending not to be...."

Message 15 of 18
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

To channel a certain kind of poster on here:   "Mmmm, I think there is more to this story than we are hearing here.   I bet bourgogne is really dead and is just pretending not to be...."

lol right..would be entertaining if it were not me.  I am not dead.  I have no finance loans.  I have 30 year history and my aaoa is 4 years. 2 ex inq in the past year. they are merging the fico data with the wrong guy on the back-end.  really, its me bourgogne ha-ha

Risk score not available due to report of deceased status.

Length of time consumer finance company loans have been established

Length of time accounts have been established.

Too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

Message 16 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I ilke the too  many inqs + deceased.   I guess a recently deceased person could have done lots of inqs in the 12 months before death, but still.....

Message 17 of 18
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I ilke the too  many inqs + deceased.   I guess a recently deceased person could have done lots of inqs in the 12 months before death, but still.....

that is funny when you think about it - again I would be amused by all this except that I have a purpose in mind.  if I didn't have all these points to contend with I would just dump ax at this point but I am in a pickle + I would like the issue cleared should I want to app in the future and I need an mr home because my travel won't cover the transfer wad I would be doing.  still show pending so there is hope.  all it takes is for a motivated individual to find the issue and fix it and approve the everyday, one would think this task would not be all that hard but we shall see

ax 042417.PNG

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.