Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm loving JCP today HUGE CLI!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm loving JCP today HUGE CLI!

Called today to request a CLI my limit was $650 its now $1800.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Smarter
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm loving JCP today HUGE CLI!

Same story for me.  Mid-February, 750.00 to 1800.00.  Must be the magic number??
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Called today to request a CLI my limit was $650 its now $1800.

Way to go....How long have you had this card? What # did you call?
Message 3 of 18
Smarter
Regular Contributor

I got my card in April 2008.  I received an automatic increase to 750.00 in October 2008. In  Feb 2009, I used to online request button to increase my CL and it popped up with 1800.00.  I almost fell off my chair.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Way to go....How long have you had this card? What # did you call?

I've only had my card 4 months I called the number on the back of my card. I spoke with a live person she asked how much would I like I only asked for 1000 she put me on hold what seemed like a long 3 min came back on the an stated your new CL is 1800 . I was shocked lol. I don't really use my card much I think I've charged altogether like $350 in the past 4 months. This is my largest CL so for on any of my credit card so this is a big deal for me.

Message 5 of 18
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CLI! GEMB gave me a $550 CLI on my Lowe's card which increased my limit to $1,100.
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked my account online it says my new CL is 1791 so I called them back the CSR told me she's not sure who told me my CL was 1800 but it's 1791 lol. I didn't make a big deal an try to argue with them before they took there money back lol but why would they give a odd number out for a CL strange.
Message 7 of 18
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

GEMB uses amounts of CL as codes. I remember someone telling me that the CL on their Walmart card was reduced to $124. He called CS and they told him that it meant something and they will understand why the CL was reduced when they see a $124 CL. I find their business practices very odd.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
GEMB uses amounts of CL as codes. I remember someone telling me that the CL on their Walmart card was reduced to $124. He called CS and they told him that it meant something and they will understand why the CL was reduced when they see a $124 CL. I find their business practices very odd.

Yeah when i opened my Sam's card with them the starting CL was $425 i found that odd I'm like why not give me $400 or $500 CL. But a $1791 CL is weird but ill take it lol
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CLI... this is rare news in these times!!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.