cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm mad at CapitalOne - does anyone know of credit card that lets you put your pic on front of card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm mad at CapitalOne - does anyone know of credit card that lets you put your pic on front of card?

We've been using CapitalOne Spark Business for 6 years now.  They (past tense) let you send in a picture and they'd put it on the front of the card.  Over the years, we've built up a nice collection of cards of our family at special events.  (not just a picture in the corner... this was a picture on the entire front of the card.

I went to make a new card today and the link to upload a picture was gone. I called and they said they stopped offering that a month ago.  A rep and a manager couldn't say if it was a short term thing or permanent removal.  Maybe a revamp of the website? or pulled because it was too expensive? (they let you send in a picture every 30 days... I thought that was excessive.  We might do 2 - 3 a year).

Anyway, I am extremely annoyed at them.  a) that was a benefit of their $59 / year card fee - they took away a benefit.  card fee is still $59  but worse b) the rep said she's had this question from other people.  Why can't they send out an email / mailing so loads of people don't have to call in to ask?  'that's a very good question, but sorry, I don't know the answer'.

OH! and 1 month since they stopped offering the cards.... they still have a web page on THEIR website promoting it:

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/benefits/personalize/

We put about $6,000 on the card a month.  They didn't get any interest charges from us - we pay in full each month.  But they are getting some cut of the spend we do.  I want that picture benefit and want to get away from them because of pulling the benefit AND not telling us.

Anyone know of other banks that let you put your picture on the front of the card?  And is it a cash back card?  we're getting 2% back on everything on that card - over $100 / month.  We have a costco card for 4% on gas and 3% on dining / travel.  Between these 2, it's simple enough for us.  likely could get more money / better % with categories that change but I can't keep track of that : ) 

THANKS!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
TattnallTrio
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm mad at CapitalOne - does anyone know of credit card that lets you put your pic on front of c

Yes, FNBO does
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm mad at CapitalOne - does anyone know of credit card that lets you put your pic on front of c

Wells Fargo does on their business cards. You can even do it on the business debit card too.

hmm but I would pump the breaks on doing it 2-3 times per year. Don't be the reason why we can't have nice things. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 27
redpat
Senior Contributor

OP, business is business, I'm sure you have customers/clients that you can't make happy all the time.  CC companies nerf benefits all the time.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@redpat wrote:

OP, business is business, I'm sure you have customers/clients that you can't make happy all the time.  CC companies nerf benefits all the time.

One that has such ugly designed cards to begin with should not be canceling this benefit.

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd on wells fargo
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

pulled because it was too expensive? (they let you send in a picture every 30 days... I thought that was excessive.

Not sure why they did it. A lot of times its cost or lack of use. If I had to bet money,  its cost. 30 days is excessive. The cost of a new card runs over $2, plus the labor to verify and produce a custom image. Then shipping the card. 

CCCs are cutting costs. This may be just another one of them. 

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys.  if 30 days is too short / increases their costs, me at least is fine with 1x every quarter or something else.

Don't know about you, but as much as I think I know about credit cards / play the game of getting new accounts for the sign up bonus, etc. this Cap1 spark card was the first I ever ran across that let you do this picture on the card.  Either as an account holder or seeing people using a card.

Good to know from you guys it's not all that rare.

I should have mentioned all 3 things I really want to be able to jump ship from Cap1:

1) The images on the credit cards

2) As a business account, I can create authorized users, >>  each with their own card number << (does this feature have a name?).  That's great - we have 1 user / card number for our recurring payments. So if a card needs to get cancelled / get compromised, we don't have to change the autopay items.

3) Some sort of cash back. Right now we get 2% on everything that goes on the card. We use this card for everything except for restaurants, travel and gas, which go on the citi costco card.

ok, 4)... we do lots of spend in Costco.  So being a visa card (the only credit card costco takes?) is pretty important too.  We get about $300 back as executive member at end of the year, so that's $15K we spend at Costco.

And another thing I like with this cap1 card - cash back, no minimum or increment redemption, can do it at any time - don't need to redeem in $25 increments, don't have to wait for the end of the year, etc.

Overall it's a great card.  And as much as we were FANS of the card, I am very miffed they took the benefit away.... AND didn't even tell us.

Anyone have an alternative card with those 3 - 4 things in mind?  Which Wells Fargo card are you thinking of?  The business platinum?  no fee vs the 59 at Cap 1 which is nice.  but 1.5% vs. 2%. 

I just added up 12 months of reward redemptions: $1,300 at 2%. I'd get $975 at 1.5%.  no annual fee. Oh, and that's with me putting some spend on new credit cards for sign up bonus. I think I need / would give that a rest for a while... so difference is more.

I called WF. Asked about putting images on cards. The rep said he didn't know the costs of their 'design studio'.  Try to get to someone in that department for fees / details (cause he had no clue), he says everything is done online.   I;m on hold for manager.

In the meantime, I find this:

https://www.carddesignstudio.com/demo/Landing.html

so business cards don't use the entire front?! 

20 minutes, still on hold for manager. (and the rep keeps coming on saying he's waiting with me?! so we're both tied up because they don't give front line reps the info about a 'benefit'?  Sorry , a pet peeve of mine - getting better info from great people like you because most companies (not just WF) just throw people on the customer disservice lines without giving them info (just like cap 1 - can't say it's gone for good / temporarily.)

I'm not a fan of WF from previous bank experiences for my father.  but if they have what I need

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

SSFCU offers image customization if you are in their market. 

The truth is that this wasn't a very popular feature. It's been gone over a month and this is the second thread here where someone is inquiring about it. I actually want to get rid of my picture image so that I can hopefully get my Platinum upgraded to WEMC.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

First, I'm new here. is there a way to flag a comment to a specific user? I know on other forums, something like @saeren would get an email sent to them that they were mentioned?

Saeren - thanks. Not a popular benefit? certainly that can be the case.  But my thinking is that it's a catch 22.  companies don't promote the offering. So people don't know about it / don't use it.

Both FNBO and Wells fargo - their web pages about the cards don't mention the offering. Only when I google something like wells fargo picture credit card, I find a page.  The reps don't know about it.

And FNBO, in reply to ronaldmorgan1982, I called them after not seeing picture card mentioned on the business card page. I get a rep,  I say I am looking to get a business credit card, can I speak to someone about the benefits

maybe I can help you

Can I put a picture on the front of the card

I believe so.

How about a firm yes / no answer.

Hold on let me get a supervisor.

Hi, I'm a supervisor.  No you can't put it on business cards. Only personal cards.

--

oh, and a supervisor from wells fargo finally picked up, and he had no clue.

'is there a cost to put a picture on a business credit card?' 

can I get your first and last name so I can address you properly?

bob smith

Yes mr bob, how can I help you?

'is there a cost to put a picture on a business credit card?' 

Yes you can do that.

I asked you if there was a cost.

yes.

Yes there's a cost?

no

I hung up at that point.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.