cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new to MyFICO and was hoping to get some advice as to how to get to the "next level".

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm new to MyFICO and was hoping to get some advice as to how to get to the "next level&quo

Why the slate? That's like the worst offering from chase.

You just wasted a valuable HP. Stop pulling the trigger. You'll end up with useless cards.

Your HP are value at this stage of the game.

Message 21 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm new to MyFICO and was hoping to get some advice as to how to get to the "next level&amp

I must be really new!!  What is "garden"?

Message 22 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm new to MyFICO and was hoping to get some advice as to how to get to the "next level&amp

@Anonymous wrote:

Garden means tend to the trade lines you already have. Make sure you pay on time, pay before statement cuts to decrease utilization, ask for SP cli's etc. 

Question: before 1999 did you ever have an Amex account? 

Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not applying for a while and allowing the current crop of cards to grow.

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely did not need 0%APR, I pay everything so fast now that I dont pay interest. My fingers picked the card and filled out the application while I was sitting here and poof,, I was approved? I am happy about the quick response...that was a first for me!!

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Garden means tend to the trade lines you already have. Make sure you pay on time, pay before statement cuts to decrease utilization, ask for SP cli's etc. 

Question: before 1999 did you ever have an Amex account? 

OOH! That would be uber cool!

Message 26 of 33
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Absolutely did not need 0%APR, I pay everything so fast now that I dont pay interest. My fingers picked the card and filled out the application while I was sitting here and poof,, I was approved? I am happy about the quick response...that was a first for me!!

In the future I would suggest actually researching cards before applying. There are soo many other cards that would have been a better fit for your cash back goals. I'm not sure if you can PC the slate to a freedom somehow, but if you can maybe that would be the way to go. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

PAying down will be quick, like I said I dont need money now, I want to have a great credit score and a lot of available credit should I need it someday.

What is SP?

No never had a AMEX

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm new to MyFICO and was hoping to get some advice as to how to get to the "next level&quo

I don't think gman is asking for advise, only confirmation. I'm out.
Message 29 of 33
racer-x
Valued Contributor

gman - Slooooooowww down...I think you would be better served if you did some researching on myfico.

In the sticky's, there is a list of abbreviations that are used in every sentence of nearly every post and thread on here.

SP, HP, AAoA, CLI, CLD, CFA, BT, BoA, CSP, etc.....

Here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.