Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not jealous, but DW was offered 3 cards from BofA

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not jealous, but DW was offered 3 cards from BofA

OK, a little bit jealous.

Her offers are for the Platinum Plus, BofA Amex, and the Bank Americard. Each are advertising $1500 CL. These offers came from the pre-approval (soft-pull) section on the main page.

Which offer would you guys choose and why?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm not jealous, but DW was offered 3 cards from BofA

Everyone's out dancing, I guess.....Come on! What's more important: a hot date or MyFico!  Smiley Tongue

That's fine, though. I did find a recent post that asked the same question. They too were offered the same three. We went ahead and app'd for the Amex. Also got the 30 day message. We'll  check for status updates and will post if any change.

BTW....while we were waiting, we called for a CLI on both our Macys accounts - $200 CLIs on each card bring both to $800. Will take what we can get. I tried Bloomingdales, but they were closed at 9pm.

Message 2 of 10
nicemann
Established Contributor

Don't wait for the 30 days.....call now with the backdoor number 1-866-506-5067.  Well maybe not right now, they may be closed, but call tomorrow.

I called today and it is always better to talk to a live person and explain items.  I know have $22,500 limit on my CCs between three cards.  Started off with a secured card 20 months ago.  Paid off well for me.
Message 3 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the input. I'll have DW call tomorrow.

So do they do a manual review if you get the 30-day message?
Message 4 of 10
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

I just product changed my platinum plus to the world points with a phone call, also a 2.99% BT for 12 mos.  I was declined for the WP so I called for the product change.

My 0% BT expired on the BoA plat plus, so had to *upgrade* as there were no other rewards available per the csr.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Don't be jealous about BoFA... I get those offers from them all the time..  I personally think they SUCK!!! 

I have not been on the board for a while so I am not sure how everyone feels about them now.  I know they are considered prime.  But I am a AMEX freak and will stay that way.  I had a BOFA card and they ticked me off so much I canceled it. 

I should never gotten the card but I thought I would give it a try.  WRONG!  Oh I had the Plat plus card..

But if you want it.. GOOD luck and Best wishes!
Message 6 of 10
nicemann
Established Contributor

ragcajun......if you don't mind me asking, what happened with BoA?  Almost everything I read on the forums is extremly positive.  I have had them for almost two years and I am probably their biggest fan.
Message 7 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

nicemann wrote:
Don't wait for the 30 days.....call now with the backdoor number 1-866-506-5067.  Well maybe not right now, they may be closed, but call tomorrow.

I called today and it is always better to talk to a live person and explain items.  I know have $22,500 limit on my CCs between three cards.  Started off with a secured card 20 months ago.  Paid off well for me.

DW called today. Couldn't remember your number but chatted online and a rep gave us a 800 number, but not the one above. Called that and a rep directed us to a 877 number with a 10 digit reference number. Told us to call by Friday if they don't call us first. Reckoned that if denied, why give us a refernce number. So, we'll try Friday. I googled the number and found that a couple others were directed to that after apping and were approved. So, the hope is there.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call 866-865-7842 for a credit analyst to perform a manual review. You will not have to wait.

@llecs wrote:

@nicemann wrote:

DW called today. Couldn't remember your number but chatted online and a rep gave us a 800 number, but not the one above. Called that and a rep directed us to a 877 number with a 10 digit reference number. Told us to call by Friday if they don't call us first. Reckoned that if denied, why give us a refernce number. So, we'll try Friday. I googled the number and found that a couple others were directed to that after apping and were approved. So, the hope is there.

Message 9 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

UPDATE: Pulled DW's TC a moment ago and saw that she got the BofA card. Now we don't have the card and the CL is only at $1000. Also don't know which card it is (read that they sometimes do a product change without your knowledge after the app). Not complaining.

I know it has been mentioned a hundered times before, but have to ask: are they good at CLIs at activation? I know they are good with CLIs overall. Can't wait for my 99/500 to graduate this summer.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.