cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm officially 'in' with PenFed ... Now what?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I'm officially 'in' with PenFed ... Now what?

@baller4life wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Wow that's crazy about Cap One. Weirdos! Can't wait to hear about all the goodies you pick up at Penfed! Smiley Happy

Me too!  So, I suppose one can pick up the thrifty LOC if tied to checking right?  And, then I've seen decent reviews for the Promise and Platinum Rewards.  I'm leaning toward Defender AMEX and perhaps the PLOC, but we'll see.  I'm actually more excited to see what YOU will get!  In a way, the BBVA was not in the deck of cards at this time (no pun intended) since you have bigger things to look forward to.  When are you thinking of going for PenFed?

I'm going for Promise and PLOC. May even do an auto refi. Not sure about that yet.

Awesome.  Well, since I'm not elegible for NFCU (the great little gem everyone loves), PenFed it will be!

Message 21 of 35
baller4life
Super Contributor

I saw someone on another site get a $46k approval. I'm betting you'll get $50k Finstar! Smiley Very Happy
Message 22 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
I saw someone on another site get a $46k approval. I'm betting you'll get $50k Finstar! Smiley Very Happy

Holey Moley!  I think $50K is max for CC's right?  Oh, I would doubt I could get THAT high LOL.  But, if I did, I would p**p my pants! Smiley Very Happy  Which almost happened with BBVA!

Message 23 of 35
baller4life
Super Contributor

Hahaha. Yep $50k is max for their cc. $25k for PLOC. Watch. Bet you get it out the gate!
Message 24 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
Hahaha. Yep $50k is max for their cc. $25k for PLOC. Watch. Bet you get it out the gate!

Well, I'll definitely keep y'all posted when I go for membership and CC.  When are you gong for yours baller?

Message 25 of 35
baller4life
Super Contributor

When my last couple baddies fall off EQ. Early 2016. I have a while to go. Smiley Sad You'll join long before I do. LOL
Message 26 of 35
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@score_building wrote:

Important Note: only join PenFed with clean reports, otherwise you could end up in their 'dirty pool' where it may take years to (or may never) receive pre-approvals.

If already applied with reports blemished, may as well app since they typically (but not always) re-use the pull up to 90 days.

I joined with multple 5-7 years old 30-60 day lates on an auto loan.  I got a good SL and pre approvals/CLI's since.  So it may depend on type of baddie.

Message 27 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@baller4life wrote:
When my last couple baddies fall off EQ. Early 2016. I have a while to go. Smiley Sad You'll join long before I do. LOL

Well, I can always wait since as you know I'm in no hurry.  I'm gearing toward November or December (but 2016 is also feasible)  Plus, the cleaner the profile the better I suppose.  This way, it optimizes for preapprovals down the road (i.e. CLIs, etc).

Now, here's the kicker, I'm planning on getting an auto loan around October, haven't decided yet.  What's usually the best strategy for PenFed, apply after car loan?  Of course, at the same time I don't want to make the auto peeps nervous nellies over a recently approved TL!

Message 28 of 35
jnt1231
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Well, I can always wait since as you know I'm in no hurry.  I'm gearing toward November or December (but 2016 is also feasible)  Plus, the cleaner the profile the better I suppose.  This way, it optimizes for preapprovals down the road (i.e. CLIs, etc).

Now, here's the kicker, I'm planning on getting an auto loan around October, haven't decided yet.  What's usually the best strategy for PenFed, apply after car loan?  Of course, at the same time I don't want to make the auto peeps nervous nellies over a recently approved TL!

Join them at that time and use them for your auto financing. They also offer a carbuying service through trucar. And then you can app for CC or PLOC or whatever (90 day SP)

FICO 08 EQ-817 TU-820 EX-817 12/07/17 Last App 9/15/17
Message 29 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jnt1231 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Join them at that time and use them for your auto financing. They also offer a carbuying service through trucar. And then you can app for CC or PLOC or whatever (90 day SP)

That's actually a great suggestion jnt.  I might definitely consider that.  But, yes...around end of October would be the earliest.

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.