cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm officially 'in' with PenFed ... Now what?

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: I'm officially 'in' with PenFed ... Now what?

I totally agree. Join at that time! Perfect!
Message 31 of 35
score_building
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@B335is wrote:
Penfed pulled TU???? They are 99.99999% EQ puller.

What does your application status say? Have you created log in credentials yet? You have 90 days to apply for other products from the date of the hard pull. A lot of people try the Cash Rewards card, it gives 5% back at gas stations if you have the Share Savings. I just added the Promise card that has $0 BT fee and a low APR.

They did once for me by request when they couldn't EQ.

Ron.

Well this is interesting indeed since in reading various threads it always seemed to poing to EQ.  Of course, I'm sure when I try for this later in the year thay might pull EQ, which would be ok.

@score_building wrote:

Important Note: only join PenFed with clean reports, otherwise you could end up in their 'dirty pool' where it may take years to (or may never) receive pre-approvals.

If already applied with reports blemished, may as well app since they typically (but not always) re-use the pull up to 90 days.

What is typically defined as "clean" in their eyes though?  I have no negative items at all in my CRs.  Baller4life has mentioned the "dirty" piece as well, but is a clean profile one that would have scores close to ~800, low inquiries and no new accounts > 6 months or > 12 mos? 

Missed this, yes as baller posted: no baddies, not necessarily: ~800, low inquiries and no new accounts > 6 months or > 12 mos, though as you know it could only help.

A penchant to app (allbeit judiciously) is the only factor which may bring them some pause with your app I imagine. To some extent, outcome may depend on how long you break from apps, prior to PenFed. They'll ultimately react favorably to thick file and impressive overall credentials once they get to know you- so get in and start to develop a relationship as soon as you're ready.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still say they'll approve you even with new accounts and inquiries if you have a strong enough file.  I had quite a few of both within the past 6 months was I was instantly approved.

Message 33 of 35
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I still say they'll approve you even with new accounts and inquiries if you have a strong enough file.  I had quite a few of both within the past 6 months was I was instantly approved.

Same here but as they got to know me better over time, CLs skyrocketed. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@score_building wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here but as they got to know me better over time, CLs skyrocketed. 

Im looking forward to that.  I'm at $30K now but I think they go to $50K which would be very nice.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.