Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

tag
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

@WhiteCollar wrote:

UPDATE: So I would have been eligible under my current employer if I was actually on an installation. Anywho, my half brother (different fathers) was in the Navy and is a member so he told me just to use him as a way to join. So I try to use that method and they request a copy of my birth certificate which I had no issues providing. They said that's how they verify relation but guess what, my father's name is not on my birth certificate, just my mom's name. So the rep says then you are not eligible to join!? **bleep**?!? I'm so over Navy Federal!!!! 

Speak to someone else...Why does it matter if your father is on the birth certificate? You'd be joining through your half brother. You guys have the same mother, not father.

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 21 of 60
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

@WhiteCollar wrote:

UPDATE: So I would have been eligible under my current employer if I was actually on an installation. Anywho, my half brother (different fathers) was in the Navy and is a member so he told me just to use him as a way to join. So I try to use that method and they request a copy of my birth certificate which I had no issues providing. They said that's how they verify relation but guess what, my father's name is not on my birth certificate, just my mom's name. So the rep says then you are not eligible to join!? **bleep**?!? I'm so over Navy Federal!!!! 

Speak to someone else...Why does it matter if your father is on the birth certificate? You'd be joining through your half brother. You guys have the same mother, not father.

That sucks man.. Seems like youre getting the shaft... i understand that they have strict guidlines on who can and cannot join but you've already provided everyhting they need short of a blood sample.. Thats insane

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 22 of 60
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Yeah I am! I guess it just was not meant to be.

Message 23 of 60
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

I would not give up, keep trying different CSR's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 24 of 60
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

I do but they always transfer my call to the little **bleep** in the fraud depament that asked for my birth certificate. She's really gotten on my nerves and I'm a few seconds away from saying some very impolite things to her! 

Message 25 of 60
flowfaster
Established Contributor

NFCU is not all that anyway.  The deposit rates suck and the credit products are just meh all around.  All they are good for are super high limits.  If you look at peoples sigs people have a 15k limit with them but yet every other prime lender still gives them 2k.  In my opinion I would rather have a 1k freedom or discover than a 20,000 NFCU card. Only thing could see they are good for is the 0% no fee balance transfer.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 26 of 60
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

NFCU is not all that anyway.  The deposit rates suck and the credit products are just meh all around.  All they are good for are super high limits.  If you look at peoples sigs people have a 15k limit with them but yet every other prime lender still gives them 2k.  In my opinion I would rather have a 1k freedom or discover than a 20,000 NFCU card. Only thing could see they are good for is the 0% no fee balance transfer.

You seem bitter you can't get in to NFCU based on your sig. Your rationale is flawed. We all want credit with high limits. That's like saying I'd rather have an AMEX with a 500 limit, than a capital one with 50k limit...Meh...People like you, are the reason people reach out and try to get AMEX, because of the 'prestige' that only exists in your head.

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 27 of 60
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

You seem bitter you can't get in to NFCU based on your sig. Your rationale is flawed. We all want credit with high limits. That's like saying I'd rather have an AMEX with a 500 limit, than a capital one with 50k limit...Meh...People like you, are the reason people reach out and try to get AMEX, because of the 'prestige' that only exists in your head.

Super fanboy response if I ever heard one.   Also you sure seem to know a lot about me lol.  Some day when you can get good cards of your own you will understand that Navy is nothing special. 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 28 of 60
RemyWinchester
Contributor

aside from the little bickering above, NFCU is amazing to be a part of. 

Yes, you can beat their credit products at many other places, but it's the whole package that is to be desired. 

As an active duty service member I get free checking with $20 a month in ATM fees reimbursed to me.  I currently have a one year 4% CD from them.  You will not beat that rate anywhere. 

I have a 10K Cashrewards Visa Signature (was 20K but I had them decrease it, lol) that gives 1% back and has no annual fee. 

I like NFCU. 

Message 29 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RemyWinchester wrote:

aside from the little bickering above, NFCU is amazing to be a part of. 

Yes, you can beat their credit products at many other places, but it's the whole package that is to be desired. 

As an active duty service member I get free checking with $20 a month in ATM fees reimbursed to me.  I currently have a one year 4% CD from them.  You will not beat that rate anywhere. 

I have a 10K Cashrewards Visa Signature (was 20K but I had them decrease it, lol) that gives 1% back and has no annual fee. 

I like NFCU. 

+1

Message 30 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.