Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

tag
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Re: I'm so OVER Navy Federal!!!!

@RemyWinchester wrote:

aside from the little bickering above, NFCU is amazing to be a part of. 

Yes, you can beat their credit products at many other places, but it's the whole package that is to be desired. 

As an active duty service member I get free checking with $20 a month in ATM fees reimbursed to me.  I currently have a one year 4% CD from them.  You will not beat that rate anywhere. 

I have a 10K Cashrewards Visa Signature (was 20K but I had them decrease it, lol) that gives 1% back and has no annual fee. 

I like NFCU. 

I'm angry they won't let me in.Have'nt I suffered enough?

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 31 of 60
Elcid89
Contributor

It's not NFCU's doing. It's the NCUA. Credit unions are allowed by the NCUA to service specifically delineated populations, and that is one of the areas that gets looked at during audits. If they have members they are not supposed to have, it can get ugly for them in a hurry.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 32 of 60
mfoxxx
New Contributor

I love Navy. Never any issues.  

In the garden, Sep 10, 2015.
Message 33 of 60
Elcid89
Contributor

@mfoxxx wrote:

I love Navy. Never any issues.  

Ditto. Best bank I have ever dealt with.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 34 of 60
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

NFCU is not all that anyway.  The deposit rates suck and the credit products are just meh all around.  All they are good for are super high limits.  If you look at peoples sigs people have a 15k limit with them but yet every other prime lender still gives them 2k.  In my opinion I would rather have a 1k freedom or discover than a 20,000 NFCU card. Only thing could see they are good for is the 0% no fee balance transfer.

LOL I think this is by far the dumbest comment I've ever read on these boards.. No you wouldn't you can stop lying now. Smiley LOL

Message 35 of 60
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Lol I agree. Prob coming from someone who is jealous they can't become a member
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 36 of 60
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

I would like to gently add to the author of this thread that I literally had to jump through hoops to become eligible. Get this, my father is retired US Army, my brother US Navy and my son is currently IN the Air Force. The thing is, everything they asked for I complied. I sent social security cards, copies of ids, check stubs, birth certs all of it. It took about a month or two before everything was sorted out and I was polite but firm throughout it all. Now the benefits roll in for the entire family.

Are there other credit union options? Of course.

The thing is NFCU is elite when it comes to service and they are notoriously luscious to their members. And the members in turn, value the services and financial opportunites that come from having an institution like this behind you. My advice is to be kind, state the facts, send what they request and be professionally persistent IF you want to become a member.

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 37 of 60
Smug
Established Contributor

Love NFCU!
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 38 of 60
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I can understand being mad because you can't get in, but gee whiz, NFCU is awesome!  I am very pleased with them and they have been very generous to me.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 39 of 60
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Back to the matter at hand, I tried agcringe manager I spoke to was rude. I'm done! To those of you that are members congrats! To others, it's no big deal, life certainly goes on. 

Message 40 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.