Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm so angry I could cuss!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm so angry I could cuss!!!

Yep, utilization will correct itself once you pay off the balance (before the statement cuts).  Remember that the statement balance is what matters.  Pay it down to $0 so your next statement shows $0 and your next credit score or the one after will bounce back up.

Also, Credit Sesame is NOT a FICO score.  It's a FAKO score.  It may not reflect reality.

Message 21 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will start that this week! thanks for that advice!

Message 22 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

the money was in the account.

Message 23 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trust me.  I thought I was doing the right thing.  This is the first time this has ever happened.  I try to watch my money closely.  I will have to do better next month.  Thanks for the advice!

Message 24 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok.  I will keep this in mind.  Thank you for sharing this useful information.  I am taking notes now!

Message 25 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

the money was in the account.

Clearly it wasn't. 

Message 26 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be fortunate to have a bank like my own (South Atlantic).  My story is similar to your own.  I have 4 bank accounts but local South Atlantic is where I pay my credit card bills.  I was confused by the NFCU site while trying to make my first payment on my Cash Rewards card.  The pending transaction disappeared.  There was no proof of any payment and apparently NFCU doesn't thank you for making a payment or anything.  I made another payment and again no proof was shown.

I look at my South Atlantic bank account today and I paid my balance off twice.  There was a credit on my NFCU card.  This is before a $225 payment to my Total Rewards Visa had cleared.  Oh snap!  I had about $80 in my account at this point.

I drove quickly to South Atlantic to deposit enough cash to cover the $225 payment.  Banker said nothing to me.  I get home and check my bank account again and the Total Rewards payment had posted.  I now had $20 left in this bank.  My bank says the Total Rewards payment posted today on the 2nd.  My Total Rewards card says it posted on the 29th of last month.

Either I made it to the bank in the nick of time or they forgave the insufficient funds issue for a short period knowing I had made two payments to NFCU in the exact amount.  No late fees from my bank and eveyrthing is cool with Comenity.  This is the second time my bank has hooked me up like this.  They charge no fees for checking and I can use any ATM in the country without fees.

Two blocks from the bank and a heavy piece of machinery backs into the road and a construction worker stops traffic while I'm hitting the steering wheel and letting a few words fly.

Message 27 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You should be fortunate to have a bank like my own (South Atlantic).  My story is similar to your own.  I have 4 bank accounts but local South Atlantic is where I pay my credit card bills.  I was confused by the NFCU site while trying to make my first payment on my Cash Rewards card.  The pending transaction disappeared.  There was no proof of any payment and apparently NFCU doesn't thank you for making a payment or anything.  I made another payment and again no proof was shown.

I look at my South Atlantic bank account today and I paid my balance off twice.  There was a credit on my NFCU card.  This is before a $225 payment to my Total Rewards Visa had cleared.  Oh snap!  I had about $80 in my account at this point.

I drove quickly to South Atlantic to deposit enough cash to cover the $225 payment.  Banker said nothing to me.  I get home and check my bank account again and the Total Rewards payment had posted.  I now had $20 left in this bank.  My bank says the Total Rewards payment posted today on the 2nd.  My Total Rewards card says it posted on the 29th of last month.

Either I made it to the bank in the nick of time or they forgave the insufficient funds issue for a short period knowing I had made two payments to NFCU in the exact amount.  No late fees from my bank and eveyrthing is cool with Comenity.  This is the second time my bank has hooked me up like this.  They charge no fees for checking and I can use any ATM in the country without fees.

Two blocks from the bank and a heavy piece of machinery backs into the road and a construction worker stops traffic while I'm hitting the steering wheel and letting a few words fly.

*snort...

And flew they did!!! Baaaahahaha!!!!

Message 28 of 69
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So, on April 21, 2017 I got paid and paid all my bills.  I paid $250 on my CC (Cap One).  They showed the payment posted on that day.  Then, 5 days later, the bank reversed the funds and now it looks like I didn't pay! What's worse is that its a $250 SC and because it looks like I didn't pay AND have %100 Utilization it caused my score to go down 86 points!!! I called the bank they said I didn't have enough funds to cover the payment, well I did when I made the payment and Cap One shows this! Why would the bank touch money that they can clearly see I had allocated to a bill already??? Cap 1 is going to try to clear up the CR thing but I told WoodForest (my bank) that I work on Capitol Hill and I will go to my Congressman and Senator and file a complaint! But before I do, am I missing something in your opinion?  I did learn to never pay a bill directly from your bank account and always use a debit and never pay on a Friday.  Please help...

{{and this....}}

I still don't think it's fair that I authorize the bank to put money to a certain bill, then they move the money over to that bill and just because the payee hasn't finished proccessing yet then they just take it back??? It was already authorized and funds were available!!! UGH!!!

I'm a little confused by your explanation. Did you pay Cap1 through Cap1's website, or through your bank's bill pay? It SOUNDS like you paid through Cap1's site since you said they showed the payment as posting the same day. Also, I checked Woodforest's website, and their billpay policy seems to be that if you don't have the money, they just won't send the payment, not send it and then reverse it.

If you pay through the biller's website, your bank does not "clearly see [you] had allocated [money] to a bill already". Also you didn't "authorize the bank to put money to a certain bill" if you paid on Cap1's site. You're authorizing Cap1 to do an ACH pull on the 21st, which might take a couple days to hit your bank and clear. Your bank has no idea how you're allocating money when you pay at the far end via ACH pull.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 29 of 69
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

NFCU's system is...quirky. Even if you do a transfer from a NFCU checking account to pay a NFCU CC, sometimes the payment can be "invisible" on both accounts for a day while it's processing. It really threw me off the first time it happened, because I was sure I'd paid it, but nothing was visible, so I paid again. Ended up with a nice positive balance on my credit card for a bit until I spent it off Smiley Wink

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 30 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.