Re: I'm so angry I could cuss!!!

@CreditInspired wrote:
And if Woodstock, Woodpile, or whatever the name of this bank is 

Almost spit out my coffee at this one. Hahaha. Smiley Very Happy

Message 51 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wal-Mart has some fee loving banks in their stores, I swear!!!
Message 52 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will tell you from experience when dealing with Cap one. Pay directly from your debit card. DO NOT pay through your checking acct. It will mess you up everytime. That way you can make sure your funds come out immediately and you can avoid this. I have had this happen to me so I feel your pain. You will bounce back. Lesson learned

Message 53 of 69
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I've never had an issue with paying Capital One with my checking account through their site. And that across 9 different accounts, 11 if you count the Buypower cards. It's just a matter of making sure you don't spend the money that was set for them (or any bills).
Message 54 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think, in the end, the OP didn't budget correctly. I remember having payments hit and being slapped with OD fees, it's frustrating!! But, after all, it was my own fault. Haven't had a problem in the last two years, because I watch it like a hawk! I'm not giving any bank a single dime unless I want to...
Message 55 of 69
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This was your fault. If you pay someone, make sure the money is in your account to cover it. 

+1. Let this be a lesson to everyone here; if you schedule a payment in advance, always make sure that the necessary funds will be in your account when your bank actually processes the payment as well as any other transactions ongoing at that time. Plus, monitor and balance your checkbook every day so you always know how much money you actually have once your pending transactions are processed.

+1 I use a separate account for credit card payments(transfer the cash over and pay from that). That keeps me cool. You are right, know whats in your account and track it on a spreadsheet, that way I see what is being spent during the month.

Message 56 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Blackswizz750 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This was your fault. If you pay someone, make sure the money is in your account to cover it. 

+1. Let this be a lesson to everyone here; if you schedule a payment in advance, always make sure that the necessary funds will be in your account when your bank actually processes the payment as well as any other transactions ongoing at that time. Plus, monitor and balance your checkbook every day so you always know how much money you actually have once your pending transactions are processed.

+1 I use a separate account for credit card payments(transfer the cash over and pay from that). That keeps me cool. You are right, know whats in your account and track it on a spreadsheet, that way I see what is being spent during the month.

I actually hadn't thought about that, but it makes sense. If I open such an account, though, it'll have to be at a no-fee bank or CU; the notoriously fee-happy Bank of America will slap you with a $25 fee on Core Checking if you don't make at least one $250 deposit per month

Message 57 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you go to a credit card website or app and pay your bill, think of it as writing a check. Even with a debit withdrawal or ACH transfer, it can take 2 or 3 days to post to your bank account.

Cap1 posted the payment to your account before your payment actually cleared your bank. When the payment did clear, there was not enough money.

Progressive insurance auto deducts $77 on the 23rd of every month. But my bank actually removes that money on the 25-26th every month. So I cannot spend that $77 on the 24th, assuming all is good because Progressive said thank you for payment on the 23rd.

If I sell Apples to Jane on May 2nd, she writes me a check, I thank her for payment, give her the Apples and then maybe the next day I go to the bank and cash the check. The check clears her bank on May 5th and all is well.

Basically you wrote cap1 a "check" but by the time it hit your bank, there wasn't enough funds.
Message 58 of 69
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:
And if Woodstock, Woodpile, or whatever the name of this bank is 

Almost spit out my coffee at this one. Hahaha. Smiley Very Happy

Smiley Very Happy  Just didn't feel like scrolling back up to find the name. Smiley LOL

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 59 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woodforest Bank is a many tentacled creature that resides next to customer service in Wal-Mart. This creature loves assessing fees and taking forever to process debits like ACH, hoping someone will OD their account causing a NSF to be charged... Them and 1st Convenience Bank.
Message 60 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.