Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm so angry I could cuss!!!

Thank you so much for sharing...I need a new bank I suppose! lol

Message 61 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will do just that and yes...lessoned learned.

Message 62 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubled checked and I honestly can't remember how I made the payment. I want to say the bank said that I paid it via my checking account directly.  Not a debit card.  I checked my transaction history with Cap One and they have the payment as Authorized and Posted on 4/21/17.  My bank statement doesn't show anything for the 21St but shows Direst Debit Rejected for that payment. Then on Cap One its says it was reversed back to the bank on the 26th but after that there is nothing else on my statement regarding this.

Message 63 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I forgot to adress  that. So I guess by me paying directly from my bank account the money didn't get moved to Cap 1 till a few days later.  Since I'm thinking I paid all my bills (because I checked my balance after I paid everything, I thought Cap 1 had their money) So I spent the rest on other things.  Whenever I would pay during the week, the payment always went thru the next day to Cap 1. So I won't apy on a Friday any more for fear of spending money that was allocated for something else.  Also, the guy at the bank told me to use my debit card from now on so the payment hit's right then and there. 

Message 64 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I doubled checked and I honestly can't remember how I made the payment. I want to say the bank said that I paid it via my checking account directly.  Not a debit card.  I checked my transaction history with Cap One and they have the payment as Authorized and Posted on 4/21/17.  My bank statement doesn't show anything for the 21St but shows Direst Debit Rejected for that payment. Then on Cap One its says it was reversed back to the bank on the 26th but after that there is nothing else on my statement regarding this.

Ok. Couple of things. 1. When you're replying to someone, use the quote button and include the message you're replying to.

2. On topic: Go to your physical bank. Have them print up a timeline of all charges and debits to your account from the 20th to the 27th. They have to do this for you, no exceptions.

There will be a record of how you initiated the debit to pay your credit card, find that, then backtrack.

As I've said before, if your payment was 1 cent short, there's nothing you can do about it. If you think it's their fault, you need to press them to prove to you how it wasn't. There's a lot at stake here, do not let them hoodwink or try to confuse you, which they will try to do.

Message 65 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEN...

Message 66 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response and kindness. And yes, lesson learned.

Message 67 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood...thank you.

Message 68 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok. Couple of things. 1. When you're replying to someone, use the quote button and include the message you're replying to.

2. On topic: Go to your physical bank. Have them print up a timeline of all charges and debits to your account from the 20th to the 27th. They have to do this for you, no exceptions.

There will be a record of how you initiated the debit to pay your credit card, find that, then backtrack.

As I've said before, if your payment was 1 cent short, there's nothing you can do about it. If you think it's their fault, you need to press them to prove to you how it wasn't. There's a lot at stake here, do not let them hoodwink or try to confuse you, which they will try to do.

Got it! thanks...oh and the quote thing? sorry about that! Newbie!

Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.