Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm starting to feel addicted. :-(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I'm starting to feel addicted. :-(

Gardening is easy. I've been doing it since yesterday. 

Message 21 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I'm taking what you wrote that you did not learn a lot from the lessons of several years ago. Applying for several credit cards in the rush type emotion you are going through while natural is not good. It will set you up for trouble.

Have you learned any lessons from your past mistakes?

Just stop. My tip is earth shattering: STOP. You know what you're doing is nmot good. Listen to your own voice.

Message 22 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Gardening is easy. I've been doing it since yesterday. 

OMG, that is too funny!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Message 23 of 69
black_citi
Established Contributor

2 of my 7 credit cards will be canceled. My qs1 in september and my gold delta in February next year before the af hits. I will consolidate the 4k on my qs1 over to my qs visa.

I am satisified with the cards i have. Chase no longer wants to do business with me (i can still open a checking and savings) so i don't need to worry about them. Discover I tried to get but keep getting declined plus the stores I shop at don't take discover and if they do I don't buy a lot from them so I dont need discover. Citi, boa, us bank and barclays have nothing i am interested in. I hate store cards (except amazons store card which I do have, i shop there a LOT and that 5% is beautiful). I've narrowed my card selection down huge lol. I love seeing that "congrats you're approved" too, but the aaoa hit and hp isn't worth it. My last card i was approved for was the hilton hhonors and like my bce and qs visa I will NEVER cancel that card.

You will do fine OP. Like everyone said, just question whether you need that card and HP that comes with it.

Smiley Happy
Make More, Spend Less
Message 24 of 69
Bmac66
Frequent Contributor

I completely understand! The rush of seeing "you're approved" with the limit is a definite adreneline rush!  I'm having a bit of "buyers remorse" myself.  I opened 5 new cards in the past 2 weeks and received one really big CLI.  So far no dings to scores for the inquiries but the new accounts haven't reported yet.  Keeping my fingers crossed!  My goal is to keep my util less than 10% per card.  But I now have some cards (CP1) that I'm asking myself, why?  I don't need it.  But I'm entering the garden and you are more than welcome to join me!

Message 25 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the great tips and info! Def not alone in this one! Whomever asked about the lessons I have learned- The answer is yes totally I've learned. I'm in a completely different place in my life. I'm not paying bills with credit cards like I was at 18. I'm not maxed out and paying the minimum. I know what my credit scores are. And of course God willing, I have a job. In 2008 I chose to pay rent and the electricity instead of the credit cards. I use 10% or so. If I use more than I make multiple payments. I'm not worried about going on shopping sprees and maxing out the $9000. I'm just worried about too many inquries, and new accts. And Barclays getting freaked out too. =)
Message 26 of 69
sgs71
Regular Contributor

I know the feeling too.  I went wacko on the SCT receiving stupid small SCL and only like 3 of the cards that I'll use out of the 6 I got.  Kicking myself in the butt now!

Message 27 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I skimmed the last two pages, but you basically have a second chance. Right. Do you like managing your credit cards, or do they overwhelm you. Does having credit help you feel secure? Or are you in it for the app rush? I might suggest you consider taking an interest in the actual managing of finances. You might get some enjoyment. Get a mint account and mint bills. Pay in Full everything but set everything up for auto min payments just in case you forget. Watch your credit score rise. Maybe open a retirement account, and watch that grow.

I would give the boards a rest for a while.

Message 28 of 69
red259
Super Contributor

I wouldn't come to the forumns if you are having trouble not applying. Seriously why come here and tempt yourself. If you don't want to that join the gardening thread and make a game out of how long you can wait. It definetly helps. Place in your signature hjow long you intend to stay in the garden for. It gets easier not to app with time.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 29 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did join the garden group. I think. Kind of confused by this site. Especially on my phone lol. Can't figure out how to make a signature. I don't have the settings button?
Message 30 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.