cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm thinking of getting a secured credit card through LBS Financial Credit Union...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking of getting a secured credit card through LBS Financial Credit Union...

For anyone who has experience with secured credit cards:

I am spending the next twelve months building my credit history in order to purchase a home next year. I have zero "baddies" in my past, but I also have an extrememly thin history. I am planning to get a secured card in order to add a trade line to my report and improve my credit/debt ratio.

I am thinking of going with a secured card through LBS Financial Credit Union (I live in Long Beach, CA). I will pay no annual fee with them, and I will make relatively decent interest on the $ I put into the collateral account. They have told me that the card will show on my credit report, but they were unable to answer me when I asked if the card would show as "secured".

If anyone has any experience with a secured card through LBS, I would *love* to hear from you.

For anyone who has experience with a different secured card: Other than re-ordering my FICO reports, is there any way I could monitor to see if the card is reporting, if it is reporting as secured, and how it is affecting my credit?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.