Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I may have screwed up....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may have screwed up....

A couple of weeks ago I was approved for and received Chase Freedom Unlimited. Well, today, after the second call to my local credit union (the first time they told me I would just have to cancel the card), they agreed to submit an application to unsecure my oldest credit card but in order to do that they had to pull my credit and I'm waiting for a call back to tell me if I was approved for it or not. Well, now I'm paranoid Chase is going to get freaked out an cancel my credit card because it's another pull in less than a month and that would put me over the 5/24. I know it's not the same as opening up another credit card (or at least I don't think so) I'm just paranoid and thinking I should have waited.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: I may have screwed up....

You should be fine. Hps are hps, credit cards =5/24Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 7
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

A couple of weeks ago I was approved for and received Chase Freedom Unlimited. Well, today, after the second call to my local credit union (the first time they told me I would just have to cancel the card), they agreed to submit an application to unsecure my oldest credit card but in order to do that they had to pull my credit and I'm waiting for a call back to tell me if I was approved for it or not. Well, now I'm paranoid Chase is going to get freaked out an cancel my credit card because it's another pull in less than a month and that would put me over the 5/24. I know it's not the same as opening up another credit card (or at least I don't think so) I'm just paranoid and thinking I should have waited.

I think you're being paranoid. People get inquires for various reasons. You'll be fine, they wont cancel your card. 

Had you applied for 5 additional Chase cards in one week and a few from other lenders, I'd say you'll need more deodorant, but not in this case. 

Relax Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am without a doubt paranoid lol. I guess I just needed to vent.

Message 4 of 7
MyFault
Valued Contributor

I think you should be fine. Of course we don't know any additional information from your file, but most on here that see AA from chase are those that did excessive credit seeking after opening a chase CC. And from what i've read, most of them were told not to do what they did, before seeing AA.

You're simply looking to mature your secured card. Depending on how your CU works, it will likely not even result in a new account since you already had the secured line on your CR. A HP shouldn't affect anything for you.

|  
Message 5 of 7
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

You’re fine. I wouldn’t worry about it. You didn’t actually open a new account. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 6 of 7
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on the Freedom Unl card. Good luck with the CU card too.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.