Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I messed up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I messed up

I had an emergency this weekend and had to use my cc's. I maxed out both of them. I'm gonna pay them both off on Friday, will this effect my score if I just maxed them out and paying so soon? Please advise, I'm in the dumps about this.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Xercien
Valued Member

Re: I messed up

Depends on when your statement posts

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TU - 663 Fico (04/03/11)
EQ - 654 Fico (04/03/11)
Message 2 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Even if you let the statement report, it only affects for 1 month, then it goes back.    The effect is temporary.   

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks cause I'm trying to be a good stewardess over my credit..I've gone from 473 to 557 to 597 on EQ in a matter of 2 mos..trying to keep climbing.

(thanks a bunch))Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had an emergency this weekend and had to use my cc's. I maxed out both of them. I'm gonna pay them both off on Friday, will this effect my score if I just maxed them out and paying so soon? Please advise, I'm in the dumps about this.

It never hurts to pay so soon.  And, as other posters have commented, if you pay before the statement posts you're golden.

High utility reporting for only a month means your score will only be "hit" for that month - until you report your zero or low balance again.  But, creditors who soft you during that month may be alarmed at the utilization and take AA - always a possibility.  So, if you can pay before statements hit, it's always best.

Congrats on your good work and your score climb!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.