cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a very high credit limit. I have great credit scores!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: I need a very high credit limit. I have great credit scores!

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@scottwagnon wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

When I made purchases on the cards, I only made them so I could get the rewards. Which I have chose to receive miles on all of my cards. I bought my daughter a Lexus, and bought my son a BMW, I bought my grandchildren diamond necklaces, I made a lot of purchases on them. The balances on my cards isn't from balance transfers. I need to transfer a balance from the CitiBank card, which has a higher interest rate, onto a card with a lower interest rate, so I can get more rewards from the Citibank card.

I almost want to kiss you and call you dad or grandpa (which one do you prefer?)... can I have a BMW X6, I wont ever use a credit card I promise!!

COUNT ME IN! i don't even want a fancy car. how about free room, board, and a free college education. i can be really, really good, PROMISE!!

I think that's called enlisting in the armed services. Smiley Wink

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 71 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think maybe you should try Orchard Bank for your need of such a high credit limit  hahaa

Message 72 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all of your words of wisdom. I haven't responded because I took a vacation to Bermuda to visit my sister in law. It was spontaneous, because I had so many miles saved up with Capital One. And to clear some things up, When I was approved for the cards with my high limits, I was earning much more money, because that is when my husband was still alive. We had all of our finances joined together. When he was alive, he was earning about $1,400,000 Per year, plus bonuses. He worked for his own company, which he later sold to our grandson, who continues to run it. I am working part time for the company, but I am also living off of investment dividends. Also, when I received the high limit cards, the economy was doing great! (About 2004) And everybody had credit cards with huge limits, so I got a couple, so I could increase my credit score, which at the time was about 740. And when I applied for the cards, and I got accepted, I put almost all of my expenses on them, and paid them off each month. I always got credit limit increases, because I was such a valuable customer, and I always paid my bills on time, and I have never missed any payments on anything. If you want to know anything else, please, Just ask me. Don't try to ruin my image by calling me a liar. Thank you.

Message 73 of 121
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for all of your words of wisdom. I haven't responded because I took a vacation to Bermuda to visit my sister in law. It was spontaneous, because I had so many miles saved up with Capital One. And to clear some things up, When I was approved for the cards with my high limits, I was earning much more money, because that is when my husband was still alive. We had all of our finances joined together. When he was alive, he was earning about $1,400,000 Per year, plus bonuses. He worked for his own company, which he later sold to our grandson, who continues to run it. I am working part time for the company, but I am also living off of investment dividends. Also, when I received the high limit cards, the economy was doing great! (About 2004) And everybody had credit cards with huge limits, so I got a couple, so I could increase my credit score, which at the time was about 740. And when I applied for the cards, and I got accepted, I put almost all of my expenses on them, and paid them off each month. I always got credit limit increases, because I was such a valuable customer, and I always paid my bills on time, and I have never missed any payments on anything. If you want to know anything else, please, Just ask me. Don't try to ruin my image by calling me a liar. Thank you.

Fair enough, I won't call you a liar.  Perhaps your situation seems fictitious to us mere mortals because the dollar amounts are so far removed from our plebian existance.

On the other hand, if you wanted to help establish the veracity of your rather dubious claims, how's about sharing the secret of where I can open me up a cash account that returns 8.8% interest?

Smiley Happy

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I don't do that because If I cash out of my investments, I will have to pay a very lot of taxes on the gains, because when I bought into the corporation that I invested in, I paid about $500,000 (that was in 1987) And that is a gain of over 3,000,000. That would be a very very lot of taxes. And I don't make a withdrawal of cash, because my cash account is paying 8.8% annually, which is more than I am paying on the debts. 

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 74 of 121
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

LOL! Hauling, you have a great sense of humor! Smiley Very Happy

This thread got so long, my curiosity finally got the better of me. All I can say is that my spidey sense is tingling. Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 75 of 121
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

+1

I knew the mods had the popcorn out on this one Smiley Very Happy

+1 as well.

I like the way it was managed, though -- hard data and no hostility. Way to go! We did much better than with private-jet-girl.

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 76 of 121
aamex
Frequent Contributor

I love this thread. But, in all seriousness OP...where do you have an account yielding 8.8%... is it like a 15 year CD, something that you opened a while ago?

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 77 of 121
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh my, I guess I didn't revise that post. My cash account is paying .88 Annually. Not 8.8%. My mistake.

Message 78 of 121
jefftca925
Established Contributor

You really should be seeking the advice of a professional financial planner and not making financial decisions based upon what you hear on an internet message board.  If the information you have posted here is true and considering the $$ you're playing with, this forum is not what you need.  A professional (if not being investigated by the SEC) will help guide you with managing your finances and making sure you are making sound and reasonable decisions to protect your wealth.  Your bank might be a good place to start looking for one.  Hope this helps...

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 79 of 121
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Still don't believe it. Sorry.

On one of your posts you said you took the advise of someone you didnt even know their username and made a rash of decisions. If you do that on a constant basis I have no idea what to say......

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 80 of 121
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.