Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help! I have applied for CC to many times

tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Re: I need help! I have applied for CC to many times

@SCoach ... minor threadjack... I loved that your name is "coach' and you used the sports team analogy .. for some reason on a Monday morning that just made me smile.  and your advise is spot on as well (in my opinion)

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 31 of 38
nfs_mw
New Contributor

@SCoach wrote:

@NewBreed wrote:

Hey thank you all for you comments everyone!!! i learned a lot! It all makes sense now just to sit on the cards i currently have and let them age... not going to lie, its going to be tough not to app for anything.. im dying for an AMEX, thats the card i ultimately want in my pocket book/wallet

I started gardening today, but late last night i applied for the Discover IT card and i would like if i got approved for that as my last app since i started gardening... we'll find out! i tried to call to get the status and it hasnt hit thier system yet, i applied after midnight apparently and it takes 24 hours.

Any suggestions on how the dicover card is or anything anyone likes so far?

So you came here for advice.  People told you to STOP applying for things.  You say you understand, then you do the exact opposite of what everyone suggests.  Chances are you will be denied for the Discover card just like everything else.

Unfortunately, all I see are a bunch of red flags here.  Credit cards are tools, not trophies.  You're trying to win a trophy and your team is too weak to even be in the game.  STOP applying for cards, use the cards you have responsibly, wait at least a year with no INQ, no CLI increases, or anything else.  Then see where you are at.  Based on what you've said so far, this probably won't happen, but I'll wish you luck any way.

+1000...

Seems like  OP was approved for Discover ..Updated signature..

So congrats OP for the Discover IT approval.. But how hit the garden!!

Message 32 of 38
SCoach
Established Member

@codimom wrote:

@SCoach ... minor threadjack... I loved that your name is "coach' and you used the sports team analogy .. for some reason on a Monday morning that just made me smile.  and your advise is spot on as well (in my opinion)

It just flowed so naturally..  Smiley Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx Gold | AmEx Bluebird | CSP | Chase Freedom
Message 33 of 38
SCoach
Established Member

@nfs_mw wrote:

+1000...

I hope he (or she) is good to their word and stays in the garden until next year.  I should have done the same this year, but I wanted a high credit line Visa to replace my AmEx Gold that will be going away in a couple months.

Message 34 of 38
NewBreed
New Contributor

@SCoach wrote:

@nfs_mw wrote:

+1000...

I hope he (or she) is good to their word and stays in the garden until next year.  I should have done the same this year, but I wanted a high credit line Visa to replace my AmEx Gold that will be going away in a couple months.

I'm (he) true to my word, i got the freedom and i got the Discover it all within 1 week, i am quite satisfied with what i have now, and i have the proper tools to help me with this credit battle. Gardening has begun and now i will be in hibernation until 2014 July, probably even later becuase im trying to buy a house, so the less inqs the better!

I took a lot of advice from everyone here, i didnt turn around and do the opposite, i applied for the IT card before i hit the garden and may i add im a happy camper. 

Cap One Cash Back UnSecured: 1.5K
Chase Freedom: 2k
Chase Slate: 2k
Discover IT: 1K.
AmEx Green: NPSL
Message 35 of 38
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

come on over and sniff the plastic credit flowers in the garden my friend and take a seat.. for at least a year!

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 36 of 38
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

No new credit inquiries within at least 6 months of trying for your mortgage! 

Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 37 of 38
SCoach
Established Member

@NewBreed wrote:

I'm (he) true to my word, i got the freedom and i got the Discover it all within 1 week, i am quite satisfied with what i have now, and i have the proper tools to help me with this credit battle. Gardening has begun and now i will be in hibernation until 2014 July, probably even later becuase im trying to buy a house, so the less inqs the better!

I took a lot of advice from everyone here, i didnt turn around and do the opposite, i applied for the IT card before i hit the garden and may i add im a happy camper. 

Cool.  Good luck going forward.  Staying in the garden should provide you good dividends as long as you pay everything on time and keep your utilization low.

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.