Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need some Advise, Discover CLI denied

tag
TG76
New Contributor

I need some Advise, Discover CLI denied

I applied and got the Card 3 months ago. I called the customer service line and the lady said that I could ask for a CLI, and if it was ok with me she would do it for me.I said go ahead and  Well it was instantly denied. She said to wait for the letter explaining why, and to call back after I had the letter. Fast forward to today, I got the letter and the reasons stated on the letter don't make any sense to me.

Reason #1- Bureau reports history of increasing balances on total debt( I have 38,200 worth of lines and the only thing on there is about 2800 from a vacation a month ago)

Reason 2- Bureau reports too many inquiries last 6 months( total of 6 which 4 were for the refi of my house)

Reason 3- Bureau reports little or no credit history( my oldest card is 8 years old)

What should I do? Should I call them? if so which number?  any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: I need some Advise, Discover CLI denied

Welcome to the nutty Discover family! 

I would call the Discover Recon Number : 1-888-676-3695. Keep us updated!

Message 2 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I would definately call them and recon. Discover just changed their CLI policy to 90 days which is great! 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 10
vpae
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

I would definately call them and recon. Discover just changed their CLI policy to 90 days which is great! 

They'll do CLI every 90 days? I'm almost up for a CLI then! Smiley Very Happy

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 4 of 10
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

@vpae wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

Don't get too excited. They allow you to do a CLI 90 days after opening. After that...it returns to every 6 months. 

Message 5 of 10
rushx2112
New Contributor

@SSA_2013 wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

Don't get too excited. They allow you to do a CLI 90 days after opening. After that...it returns to every 6 months. 

Is it an automated system or call in and talk to a CSR?  What number did you call?

Message 6 of 10
TG76
New Contributor

I'm going to call that number on Monday....The CSR told me that in fact you can ask for an increase at 90 days, that's the reason I tried. My score on their letter is 747, I just don't get why the denial, anyways thanks for the number SSA, I will let you guys know what they say Monday when I call. Thanks
Message 7 of 10
TG76
New Contributor

I spoke to a CSR and she submitted the request. Number was the one on the back of the Card.
Message 8 of 10
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

Good luck!

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 9 of 10
TG76
New Contributor

Update: I called and spoke to Credit Analyst lady, that told me they wouldn't be able to do an increase at this time, she said that they did a soft pull and if I still wanted to try she would have to do a Hard Pull, I told her, no thank you. She said the ideally they like to see at least 6 months of Card usage before they would grant a CLI. I just didn't want another hard pul right now, so I said I would wait the 3 more months to see If I get an auto increase then..... Oh well I guess it is just a wait and see game Smiley Very Happy.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.