Did you mean: 

I paid off and closed PayPal Smart Connect today

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

I paid off and closed PayPal Smart Connect today

I had had enough of them.

I opened the account in 2007.

In all these years they never offered an upgrade to the PayPal Plus MC. 

They have denied CLI requests the last few times. They could certainly do better than a $2800 CL after 4 years of consistent usage and payments.

Stick in fork in them. They're done.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: I paid off and closed PayPal Smart Connect today

Maybe you can try reapplying for the Mastercard version.. Do you have any other gemb products?

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Chaos122 wrote:

Maybe you can try reapplying for the Mastercard version.. Do you have any other gemb products?

You certaintly can't apply for the MC if you have a Smart Connect account.     Even if they send you an invite to apply.

Message 3 of 12
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Yeah but he closed his smart connect account. I had a smt connect account several years ago that i closed. a year later i reapped for the MC when my credit looked better

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 12
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

@Chaos122 wrote:

I'm afraid of ending up with a new Smart Connect account if I reapply.

I'm just going to move on from them.

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 5 of 12
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I don't think you're missing anything by not getting the MC.  My husband has it and the rate is sky-high and the CL never changes.

I have had Smart Connect only since 2009 but with a 700 limit that never goes up.  I'm tired of it, too.  Eventually I'll cancel, I'm sure.  They won't budget that CL - strange.

Frequent Contributor

My paypal sc went up pretty quickly, it started with 750, then auto'd to 1840 6 months in and when I hit the luv button after 9 months it now sits at 3850. I was surprised since I had at least 50% util on it for the first couple of months because of the low limit.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is my lowest limit at 1325... I just keep it open. It will grow every 4 months I know.. however small... no annnual fee!

Message 8 of 12
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

I have one that is @ $1000 I owe nothing. $200 increase after 6 months . I thought it was every 4 months like most other GEMB cards but when I talked to CS rep a few days ago she said it was every 6 months too. That doesn't mean anything though because I've had different ones say wrong info all the time. I just no at 4 months I was told can not have an increase at this time. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CK_Charles_Lover wrote:

@I have one that is @ $1000 I owe nothing. $200 increase after 6 months . I thought it was every 4 months like most other GEh?MB cards but when I talked to CS rep a few days ago she said it was every 6 months too. That doesn't mean anything though because I've had different ones say wrong info all the time. I just no at 4 months I was told can not have an increase at this time. 

huh? why are you talking to a rep? just do it online and its clockwork every 4 statements...

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.