Not applicable

Re: I"m new to MyFico ... Just introducing myself

WELCOME!!!!

Message 32 of 37
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Radio_Radiation wrote:

Wolf3, I meant I can't get prime cc and high cl without having a good credit score 

I have to figure have to reply to in the same box as the comment i'm refering to

To be more specific, you need good credit history and income to get prime CC, CL.    That is the important thing.

Credit scores are only part of the story and only useful when applying for credit.  

The obsessives on here like to maximize and watch their score on a daily basis.   They love low utilization and go nuts if they can't pay their balance before it reports.

I only obsess about never being late, because that is history that stays with you for a long time.  I have enough of that on my current report.     About once a year, I apply for new credit and I maximize my score with low utiliztation.  The rest of the time, I make use of 0% and the float and only worry about avoiding interest.  

Anyway you can learn a great deal here, so welcome.   

Message 33 of 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums.... high CLs come from a slow and steady building of more than just score Smiley Happy

Income; assets; prior use of your cards; payment history and amounts paid... all of this info goes into the magic box and spits out a very cool number... unless of course you apply for capital one platinum card; which only comes with 3 options as far as credit limit offered.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 34 of 37
variableResistor
Valued Member

Your username is Radio Radiation. Are you a Ham radio operator?

Message 35 of 37
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@variableResistor wrote:

Your username is Radio Radiation. Are you a Ham radio operator?

variableResistor.   Are you a volume control?  

Message 36 of 37
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the Cell Block!! It has become my standard greetingSmiley Tongue  The knowledge you gain here will blow your mind literally.   Many people from many walks of life with one common goal a financially fruitful and successfull credit as well as fiscal future. Good Luck!!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.