cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I say...Citibank & Cards Has NO Loyalty...Don't Use Them...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I say...Citibank & Cards Has NO Loyalty...Don't Use Them...

So despite 11 years with Citigold and perfect payment history on my Citicards credit card, I still cannot get an increase and all of my recon attempts on my Citicards have failed.  Citibank has no loyalty. 

I know credit it a privlege, not a right, but I personally feel that after spending 14k on my credit card with a 200 limit over 3 years and not a single charge going over my credit limit, they would make an exception to the rule based on my banking relationship and my current account with them.  This is not the case.

I say, #$#$ them.  Obtain credit from a different bank.

My two cents.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Re: I say...Citibank & Cards Has NO Loyalty...Don't Use Them...

That sounds insane on their part. Do you have any negative info on your reports? I haven't found Citi to be very friendly either. If your scores are decent and you don't have major negatives, try Discover or Chase. I've been happy with them overall.

Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 2 of 23
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

What citi credit card do you have?

Message 3 of 23
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

We bank with them and cannot stand them.

Message 4 of 23
Andy77
Valued Contributor

I had a secured card since Sept 2009, PIF every month, no returned payments, CL is 200.00, card graduated 18 months after I opened, but never got a CLI

I run between 4k and 11k through my deposit accounts a month

Yes, my credit is not the best, bk from 2009, BUT people are behind computers, if they REALLY wanted to they COULD make an exception.

Bank of America did for me as did Barclays

Message 5 of 23
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Just apply another Citi card.

Message 6 of 23
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

Yes, my credit is not the best, bk from 2009, BUT people are behind computers, if they REALLY wanted to they COULD make an exception.

That is proably what is causing the denial. Yes people can make an exception, but bankrupcty is often a big red flag to lenders.

Message 7 of 23
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I have to side with Citi on this one. It's only been 3 years since you have proven you can not handle your debt obligations. Give it some more time.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 23
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@Andy77 wrote:

I had a secured card since Sept 2009, PIF every month, no returned payments, CL is 200.00, card graduated 18 months after I opened, but never got a CLI

I run between 4k and 11k through my deposit accounts a month

Oh okay. I looked on citi's website and the majority of the cards offered there have a $500 minimum limit. Maybe you can get them to product change if you don't want to apply for another card.

Message 9 of 23
andre181
Established Contributor

That does suck.

But my experiences with Citi have been excellent. I'd much rather do business with Citi than BoA or Chase.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.