cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I see many vs angel card here. Got a question.

tag
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: I see many vs angel card here. Got a question.

@Epcot wrote:

Tried the shopping cart trick with VS. Got the message saying I was pre-approved for $1000, submitted the last 4 of my social and DOB. Then it gave me the 7-10 day message. Smiley Sad

Just a quick update on this. I have yet to get a letter or card in the mail. Although upon updating my credit report I see a new account. "Comenity Bank/VCTRSS" showing up as opened 10/1/12 with a $1k limit. No HP showed up as of today and I used the shopping cart trick about a week ago now.
Looks like I got it, wife will be happy! Smiley Very Happy

I will take a little hit on AAoA, but it will help my utilization.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 41 of 68
rosegardener
Established Member

Nice!!  Congratulations Smiley Happy

And yes, wifey will love.

While I would love to get a CLI, not sure I need any more than what I have, esp since you can use it in BBW too...

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 42 of 68
alexak
Regular Contributor

Kind if off topic. But how long does it take to get the card? I was instantly approved over a week ago and I'm still waiting on the card Smiley Sad
Message 43 of 68
rosegardener
Established Member

7-10 business days (M-F)  If its been more than that, I woud give them a call.  It took about a week for me, I'm on the East Coast

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Message 44 of 68
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@alexak wrote:
Kind if off topic. But how long does it take to get the card? I was instantly approved over a week ago and I'm still waiting on the card Smiley Sad

Took me a full week+, approved on wednesday, got it FRIDAY the week after.

I used it yesterday. Waiting on statement to update, so I can PIF.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 45 of 68
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Got my card yesterday. About 12 days, including weekends.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 46 of 68
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha!! I used the shopping cart trick for a&e visa and IT WORKED!!! temp cl said 750 but approved @ $1,100. Wished I would have known to do this with vs..I only have a 350 cl alsoSmiley Mad...Looks like hubby is getting something nice for HIS birthday tmrw Smiley Happy..btw I love GECRB and they LOVE me too!

Message 47 of 68
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

So, I did the shopping cart trick on a few WFFNB (or is it WFNNB) backed cards...

A Trade Line for a Soft Pull, why not?

Well, I realized I hardly shop at these stores, and may never use these cards, as they have outrageous APR's.

I don't plan on closing them, as there isn't an AF, and it's a positive TL.

(I probably do plan on throwing the physical card away)

It can also help with utlization. Do CLI happen automatically, or can I call in and get them without every buying anything with the card?

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 48 of 68
laz98
Senior Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

So, I did the shopping cart trick on a few WFFNB (or is it WFNNB) backed cards...

A Trade Line for a Soft Pull, why not?

Well, I realized I hardly shop at these stores, and may never use these cards, as they have outrageous APR's.

I don't plan on closing them, as there isn't an AF, and it's a positive TL.

(I probably do plan on throwing the physical card away)

It can also help with utlization. Do CLI happen automatically, or can I call in and get them without every buying anything with the card?

I doubt that they will continually raise your limits if you never even use the card once.

We have had a few auto CLIs, but not many.  Lots of people just call in & ask for them.

Message 49 of 68
distantarray
Established Contributor

I've seen people who never used it once get 5-10x CLI increase... just saying..... of course they didn't request it the conventional way =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 50 of 68
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.