Did you mean: 

I spend all my dough on gas and bars/restaurants...help

tag
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: I spend all my dough on gas and bars/restaurants...help

I agree. AARP
You don't have to be an AARP member to get the card
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 11 of 35
wasCB14
Super Contributor

If someone wants Amex or Chase just for the brand, an "old people" affiliation might be undesirable.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol WasCB14. Exactly. I'm a bachelor and would like to use an Amex at the bars on dates ect. Still sold on PRG right now!
Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

AARP is the best choice in my opinion. you can redeem its rewards monthly as opposed to citi anywhere visa which is annual statement credit. i am not sure if you can get cash back with citi but with aarp you can direct deposit rewards  to your bank. i earn 30$ in rewards each month with my gas and food expenses.

Message 14 of 35
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol WasCB14. Exactly. I'm a bachelor and would like to use an Amex at the bars on dates ect. Still sold on PRG right now!

If it's an impression you're looking to make then I guess go with Amex.  Not that Amex is all that elusive anymore, heck you can get a Amex card with a 640 score nowadays.  But to each his or her very own. 

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly. But most people aren't on this forum so they have no clue. Lol.
Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm hoping to get it before 640 haha.
Message 17 of 35
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

curious, why the prg?  ever thought of putting all your spend towards cap1 to get your limits up and then chase yourself? 

Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

PRG just seems so classic. I want the gold card in my wallet. Fits my spending with rewards too. Def still plan on growing the Cap1 and B of A in the meantime.
Message 19 of 35
kdm31091
Super Contributor

If you do not have a Costco membership, the Costco Visa is IMO probably not worth it just for the cash back. You then have to pay for membership and go to Costco to redeem rewards, which you can only do yearly. 3% on dining is great but I don't think it's worth the fee.

The AARP card gives 3% on gas and dining with no fee if you don't mind an AARP logo on your credit card. Marvel Mastercard gives 3% on dining and entertainment, statement credit only though. Otherwise, not too many great dining cards out there, probably best off with a flat 2% card for the time being.

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.