cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I made a mistake for applying for Amex card.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I think I made a mistake for applying for Amex card.

I am one of the few on this site that still likes Amex, even after 20 years Smiley Tongue 

I would give your gold charge card a good monthly workout.  Charge your utilities, cable, phone, etc on it and PIF.  I would rack up as many membership rewards points as you can. 

Since this is a charge card, it will not effect your utilization.

Congrats!

Message 11 of 15
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
AMEX is the trophy wife. You done good.

I want one of them, too. Preferably one with a good dowry.

Message 12 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

it is still good for diversity (and hopefully for the services it can provide you) even if you have reservations about amex.  congrats!  i have two amexes (Clear and One cards) on life support, v. good cards that i use lightly but regularly (1-3k per month) but not b4 i check my online acct. status.

nice cards but recently apped a handful of cu to offset big bank overrepresentation in my small roster of cc.  GL!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 15
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@Scout1965 wrote:

I am one of the few on this site that still likes Amex, even after 20 years

I still like AMEX, too, and that history goes back 29 years. Never been treated badly by them. Other people have had problems with AMEX, but they have been good to me and have never let me down charging a huge purchase on my AMEX charge cards, or on my Gold Rewards card.
Message 14 of 15
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@smallfry wrote:
AMEX is the trophy wife. You done good.

Until the trophy wife decides to slowly pull away like they are doing to my bro who deserves it way more then I do and at the same time they hitting me with quarterly 1500 CLI. I don't understand women anymore then I do CC's LOL, but besides all this, your fortune is good. Don't spend cash if you can charge and pay the charges in full, and keep the balances low on your cards if you can help it...

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.