Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I've decided

tag
nj23
Regular Contributor

I think I've decided

I think I have decided to hold off on the app spree until August/September when my 90 day late will drop off.  Although I have scores that are approaching solid territory, I want to be in the best shape coming out of the gates.  That will make it a full four years in the garden.  Plus, checking some of pre-approval sites has not been engendering confidence.  

Of course, I could change my mind again, but I'm sitting pretty firmly on this decision at this moment.  I will be pulling my reports monthly, and if my scores explode before August, I might decide to pull the trigger earlier.  I'll be sticking around the forums, and perhaps some day I'll have enough experience to provide some help to others instead of just taking other peoples' help.

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

Re: I think I've decided

Congrats on 4 years in the garden. I think you're making the best choice for the long haul.

I hope you reap great benefit for being so patient and making a calculated decision.

☮ & ❤
Message 2 of 14
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

@nj23 wrote:

I think I have decided to hold off on the app spree until August/September when my 90 day late will drop off.  Although I have scores that are approaching solid territory, I want to be in the best shape coming out of the gates.  That will make it a full four years in the garden.  

Of course, I could change my mind again, but I'm sitting pretty firmly on this decision at this moment.  I will be pulling my reports monthly, and if my scores explode before August, I might decide to pull the trigger earlier.  I'll be sticking around the forums, and perhaps some day I'll have enough experience to provide some help to others instead of just taking other peoples' help.

I think you just created a new hashtag called #gardenstrong.  Smiley Happy

Congrats on the patience and I very much respect your decision.  If you don't need credit at the moment, you'll set yourself up for the best limits and APR's by letting it fall off.  If you decide to jump the gun, you'll probably still do okay but if you've made it this far, I would stay #gardenstrong!

I can't wait to see your "approval" thread you start come Sept or so. 

Oh, and one last thing.  You're already helping others.  Posting a thread like this for others to see who get overly excited about app'ing when they're not in the best position to do so could certainly inspire them to wait.  There are two kinds of approvals out there.  One is "getting in the door" with baddies reporting.  The other is blowing it out of the box with the best limit and APR possible for your credit profile.  It sounds like you choose the latter.  Smiley Happy

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 3 of 14
PrimeRate
Frequent Contributor

axledobe wrote:

I think you just created a new hashtag called #gardenstrong. Congrats on the patience and I very much respect your decision. If you don't need credit at the moment, you'll set yourself up for the best limits and APR's by letting it fall off. If you decide to jump the gun, you'll probably still do okay but if you've made it this far, I would stay #gardenstrong! I can't wait to see your "approval" thread you start come Sept or so. Oh, and one last thing. You're already helping others. Posting a thread like this for others to see who get overly excited about app'ing when they're not in the best position to do so could certainly inspire them to wait. There are two kinds of approvals out there. One is "getting in the door" with baddies reporting. The other is blowing it out of the box with the best limit and APR possible for your credit profile. It sounds like you choose the latter.

+1,000,000!!!!!!!

☮ & ❤
Message 4 of 14
baller4life
Super Contributor

Wow how inspiring!! You rock!! Rock on!! 👍👍
Message 5 of 14
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@axledobe wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

I think I have decided to hold off on the app spree until August/September when my 90 day late will drop off.  Although I have scores that are approaching solid territory, I want to be in the best shape coming out of the gates.  That will make it a full four years in the garden.  

Congrats on the patience and I very much respect your decision.  If you don't need credit at the moment, you'll set yourself up for the best limits and APR's by letting it fall off.  If you decide to jump the gun, you'll probably still do okay but if you've made it this far, I would stay #gardenstrong!

Oh, and one last thing.  You're already helping others.  Posting a thread like this for others to see who get overly excited about app'ing when they're not in the best position to do so could certainly inspire them to wait.  There are two kinds of approvals out there.  One is "getting in the door" with baddies reporting.  The other is blowing it out of the box with the best limit and APR possible for your credit profile.  It sounds like you choose the latter.  Smiley Happy

I love it!!

gardenstrong.jpg

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 6 of 14
axledobe
Frequent Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@axledobe wrote:

@nj23 wrote:

I love it!!

gardenstrong.jpg

Absolutely, positively epic!  Those should get good use, Yude!  OP should be first to sport these around.  I hope to one day be worthy of a 4 year garden time!  Just wow.

FICO SCORES: TU 769; EX 790; EQ 790 ***Gardening indefinitely***

Message 7 of 14
nj23
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the Support! Smiley Very Happy  Keep Gardening!  

I am "cheating" a little...I just prepared and mailed a goodwill letter to Toyota to see if they will pull my 90 day late of my reports early.  Still, even if they go with that, it will only be a couple months off, but could get the ball rolling sooner.  What could it hurt? 

Good luck! 

FICO TU: 768 (Post-Spree 7/14 Discover FICO) FICO EX: 734 (post-spree 7/6) FICO EQ: 730 (7/15 Lender pull after INQs)
6% utility July 29th. Back into the Garden after a successful spree...for real this time Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 14
Drew
Frequent Contributor

Great word, OP ("engendering").

Message 9 of 14
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@nj23 wrote:

I think I have decided to hold off on the app spree until August/September when my 90 day late will drop off.  Although I have scores that are approaching solid territory, I want to be in the best shape coming out of the gates.  That will make it a full four years in the garden.  Plus, checking some of pre-approval sites has not been engendering confidence.  

Congrats to you on your patience in the garden. I too think your post is an inspiration for others.  I feel that this board is great for help, encouragement and information.  The reminder that patience can be a benefit is a lesson that we also must learn. It was lack of patience and knowledge that for many of us caused problems early on in life with our credit.  We need to learn how to apply both to move forward. Great post! 

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.