Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think i'm done for the year!

tag
YahComb
Established Contributor

I think i'm done for the year!

I apped for the sallie mae world mastercard yesterday-i got the "7-10 days" message or something like that, and when i checked the status a couple minutes later, it said they were "unable to offer credit". 

Well i did my daily pull this morning-Barclays didn't even pull a report for me yesterday! I figured over 90 days since my last (multi) apps would be enough time, but when i called recon the guy said their computer auto-flagged me for "too many recent apps" and didn't even accept the application-So he told me he can override that and do a Hard inquiry and i agreed.

this recon went ALOT smoother than 3 months ago (they refused to give me a single card), despite similar scores (748 then, 752 now) same 1 year inquiries (3 and 3), same # of accounts within 6 months (1 @ 5 months then, 1 @ 3 months now) and ac tually 1 more 6 months inquiry on TU (0 vs 1). The guy didn't harp on me for having opened 7 cards last year (they got on me about it in may), this time he was mostly focused on why my history had only started in 2011 and was mostly focused on my oldest card (BOA cash rewards, which has been my most used month to month) which just hit 2 years this month.

Happy to say after a very short recon, i got approved for about what i was expecting, 2.5K. This will probably replace my BOA as my general use card, so it doesn't matter if they didn't give me another 5K+ card, i got what i need, and i think im done with credit cards for probably a year or so(reality: until a new low spend requirement/high bonus card comes out lol)

Special thanks to my BOA cash rewards-Started out as secured, got auto graduated @ 10 months and PC'ed to cash rewards, got a CLI to 3K a couple weeks later, got a CLI to 6K and the AF removed 3 months after that-BOA really did right by me (i know, not everyone's experience) and thus this card will always have a special, luxury, cornered off area, in my sock drawer.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: I think i'm done for the year!

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
missjae
Established Contributor

@YahComb wrote:

I apped for the sallie mae world mastercard yesterday-i got the "7-10 days" message or something like that, and when i checked the status a couple minutes later, it said they were "unable to offer credit". 

Well i did my daily pull this morning-Barclays didn't even pull a report for me yesterday! I figured over 90 days since my last (multi) apps would be enough time, but when i called recon the guy said their computer auto-flagged me for "too many recent apps" and didn't even accept the application-So he told me he can override that and do a Hard inquiry and i agreed.

@this recon went ALOT smoother than 3 months ago (they refused to give me a single card), despite similar scores (748 then, 752 now) same 1 year inquiries (3 and 3), same # of accounts within 6 months (1 @ 5 months then, 1 @ 3 months now) and ac tually 1 more 6 months inquiry on TU (0 vs 1). The guy didn't harp on me for having opened 7 cards last year (they got on me about it in may), this time he was mostly focused on why my history had only started in 2011 and was mostly focused on my oldest card (BOA cash rewards, which has been my most used month to month) which just hit 2 years this month.

Happy to say after a very short recon, i got approved for about what i was expecting, 2.5K. This will probably replace my BOA as my general use card, so it doesn't matter if they didn't give me another 5K+ card, i got what i need, and i think im done with credit cards for probably a year or so(reality: until a new low spend requirement/high bonus card comes out lol)

@Special thanks to my BOA cash rewards-Started out as secured, got auto graduated @ 10 months and PC'ed to cash rewards, got a CLI to 3K a couple weeks later, got a CLI to 6K and the AF removed 3 months after that-BOA really did right by me (i know, not everyone's experience) and thus this card will always have a special, luxury, cornered off area, in my sock drawer.

Wooohooo!  Congrats.  I had a CA at Barclays ask me about why my history didn't begin till 2006.  I told her I should have a TL from 2004 and she approved me for $2.5K as well.  If I can avoid AA, I'll be perfectly satisfied with Barclays.

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays gave me CLI from $2500 to $4700 after 6 months.  Still my lowest CL, but it was auto, and I actually like their card and their services.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Barclays gave me CLI from $2500 to $4700 after 6 months.  Still my lowest CL, but it was auto, and I actually like their card and their services.

I like them as well 

@Anonymous auto was @ 5 1/2 months

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.