Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think i was just denied a credit card :( Tell me what you think

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

I think i was just denied a credit card :( Tell me what you think

I applied for The Childrens Place CC and its through Citibank.  When I applied online it said they will let me know in 2 weeks if Ive been accepted.  Well if they were going to accept me I think they would have told me waht i was approved for right away.

My scores are

EQ 666
EX 610
TU 650

Thanks and let me know what you think
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: I think i was just denied a credit card :( Tell me what you think

@glamchick wrote:
I applied for The Childrens Place CC and its through Citibank. When I applied online it said they will let me know in 2 weeks if Ive been accepted. Well if they were going to accept me I think they would have told me waht i was approved for right away.
My scores are
EQ 666
EX 610
TU 650
Thanks and let me know what you think

Not necessarily a denial. Look in the backdoor sticky in this thread for Citi. Call the automated line for application status. It might take a couple of weeks to generate a decision. I got the 30 day message on my first Citi app. Think positively.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a 30 day // under review thing as well. Of course I was only 18. It could go both ways, honestly. I know the feeling of anxiety, and it sucks. But goodluck! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 10
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

do you have any baddies on your report? bk, coll, lates? have you had any prev cards w/citibank?

keep us posted..

good luck!
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 4 of 10
glamchick
Established Contributor

I do have a bankruptcy from 2001 and  2 collections from 2003 that I am fighting now to get off.  But thats all. 

I will try the backdoor number.

Wish me luck and I will keep you posted!
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same reply from Citicards but I called a couple of days later to check status and they told me I was approved. You can try calling them to find out the status of your application.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i just applied for the children's place card as well...my message said your app is pending, we will contact you. I dont remember how many days, i just know it said pending..which usually when i apply for things it says not able to approve at this time...so i was surprised it said pending...did any of yours say pending?
Message 7 of 10
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, I hope you obtain this card good luck.  You always read the threads how citi is not BK friendly, so if you do get this card it will be an inspiration for others to follow.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i called, rep stated i was declineg, so i guess pending isnt much of an indicator for some
Message 9 of 10
Uniqua
Established Contributor

It's hard to say with Citibank. Some people say they are not BK friendly, then others have said they were approved with an older BK showing on their CRs. When I app'd, I did it in the store and got instant approval. Maybe you should call them up.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.