Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought I had Amex figured out......I guess I was wrong LMAO

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I thought I had Amex figured out......I guess I was wrong LMAO

So according to the things I thought went in line with with my denials in the past I thought I had it right where Amex wanted (I had low UTL on my card, I upped their score to 675 (which is over the 670 'good' LOL) and few inquiries on my EX 1 in the last 12 months etc so it was time for my (actually after time for my) next CLI request so I asked thinking I fixed everything they wanted (for my last 5 denials LMAO)   called in today and NOPE denied.....again...........This time they said my 675 is still to low so now my next goal is the next tier for them which is at least 740 EX?!!?     They said I had to many inquries which I don't understand I have 1 on EX?!?!      And they mentioned my CFA which DUCK I didn't have those on my last attempt so ok fine....but come onnnnnnnn Amex never loves me XD       So is the CFA really that big of a deal because I don't believe 1 inquiry is really what killed it......or is it because it's not over 740 EX and PLUS there are CFA showing?!?!       Someone that understands Amex please explain to me so I can get it right by OCT .....smh lol because I know those CFA's aren't going anywhere anytime soon or maybe they just want to see them paid off?!    Which I can do by OCT or so if I have to just trying to be financially smart instead of FICO but now that it's time for me to up my limits and FICO it's Nope, Nil, Nada, Uh-uh, ENT, Xnay of the Increasay.......-_-  LOL XD

43 REPLIES 43
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: I thought I had Amex figured out......I guess I was wrong LMAO

@Girlzilla88  your utilization has been very high for over a year now.

You are taking advantage of 0% promo, but all Amex sees is high balance. 

Computer doesnt account for promos, BTs etc. All it sees is balance not going down on other cards quickly enough. 

I think you will have much better luck once your cards are paid down

Message 2 of 44
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Remedios     Oh ok I thought it can see Promo's and High payments etc.....so it really doesn't see THAT deep into it.....That makes me feel a LOT better actually Haha XD

Message 3 of 44
ldkcivilservant
Frequent Contributor

I wonder what 'quick enough' is.

I'm carring $15k on my NFCU Plat @ 5.99%. I pay off $1k every month, which is fine, but still means it'll take 15 months. At my CC rate, it's basically like a personal loan - hell some personal loans can't get that low of a rate.

Is 15 months to pay off $15k 'quick enough'?

Who knows.

NFCU Platinum $50k | Amex Delta Platinum $25k | Elan Financial $19.7k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $16k | Bank Americard $16k | Discover IT $13K | NFCU Flagship Rewards $10k | GS AppleCard $5.5k | Citi Simplicity $3k
Message 4 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Remedios     Oh ok I thought it can see Promo's and High payments etc.....so it really doesn't see THAT deep into it.....That makes me feel a LOT better actually Haha XD

Amex sees all 👁

Message 5 of 44
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@ldkcivilservant wrote:

I wonder what 'quick enough' is.

I'm carring $15k on my NFCU Plat @ 5.99%. I pay off $1k every month, which is fine, but still means it'll take 15 months. At my CC rate, it's basically like a personal loan - hell some personal loans can't get that low of a rate.

Is 15 months to pay off $15k 'quick enough'?

Who knows.

You're going to be fine with NFCU. If you were carrying that balance with AMEX, they'd want to see you pay it down faster.

Message 6 of 44
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Yea it seemes Amex is literally my "Stickler" of the bunch ....but I'll just keep growing my other ones and let Amex catch up whenever.....It's my least favorite card anyways but I am patient enought to stick with it no matter what XD     And I finally got my SIG caught up so that is as of today LOL

Message 7 of 44
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous    LMAO well clearly not enough XD      I need them to grow that 3rd eye faster 

Message 8 of 44
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Although I may be a bit lower than 81% UTL since the update on my FICO and EX isn't showing my new CLI for Navy yet....so I don't know how to calculate that in my head LMAO ....I can't maths today

Message 9 of 44
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Girlzilla88 

Sorry I got basically the same in regards to what they expected I should being paying on my 3 accounts currently 2 @0% and 1@3%.

So I am saving money , it's financially better for me even though Amex doesn't think so 🙄

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.