cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I thought I had a chance but maybe not so much...

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I thought I had a chance but maybe not so much...

I had a decent score boost this month since util was pretty low,  so I thought I'd be in good shape.

Zync - Decline due to PR on EX (was kinda expecting this, *shrug*)

Citi Forward - Got the 7-10 day message, they pulled EX so I'm not holding my breath

Discover - Declined due to the 1 collection, they pulled EQ...the score they gave me was a 645 vs the 671 I have on MyFico...what's up with that????

I'm a little sad but whatever...life goes on. Will just try again next year...should I call in to Citi to find out what's up?

Thanks all!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: I thought I had a chance but maybe not so much...

From what I've read here, Discover uses a version of EQ less friendly to utilization.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Well, if you aren't holding your breath that cant be good. Usually takes two business days for Citi reps to see why their system denied you. Could be something arguable like INQ's which is a consistent aspect they weigh sharply on and will auto deny.

Message 3 of 12
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I say that cause my EX is kind of a mess...even though most of the derogs are almost 7 years old. My EQ has only two derogs and the highest score and I applied with Citi thinking they would pull that (after reading about their usual pulls on here).

Citi says they will email me in a week. Should I give a call now just to see or just let it be?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 12
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I've heard that Citi is similar to Cap One, in regards to the computers calling the shots, and limiting the majority of the frontline CSRs' capabilites.

Message 5 of 12
Cranski
Valued Member

They will tell you to wait 7-10 days. I tried after geting notice of 7-10 days. It is better than a denial. After my call and offering any information needed I said Okay. I was called that afternoon and asked a few verification questions and approved for Discover.

CS 701, CK 682, Credit.com 719/ TU FICO 666 (DIS 8/12) EU FICO 658 (8/12)
After spree CS 738, CK 684, TU FICO 666 (Dis 8/5)

WF Secured 600Cl (7/11), Discover More 1.5k (8/12), Walmart 150CL(8/12), Cap1 Platinum w/Credit steps($300) (8/12)
Message 6 of 12
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

I say that cause my EX is kind of a mess...even though most of the derogs are almost 7 years old. My EQ has only two derogs and the highest score and I applied with Citi thinking they would pull that (after reading about their usual pulls on here).

Citi says they will email me in a week. Should I give a call now just to see or just let it be?

Citi almost exclusively pulls Equifax, so that is strange Smiley Indifferent. The email takes 3-4 days every time assuming you checked that option when you applied online. Im assuming you checked a credit report to find out they in fact pulled EX ?

Message 7 of 12
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@AF_23 wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

Citi almost exclusively pulls Equifax, so that is strange Smiley Indifferent. The email takes 3-4 days every time assuming you checked that option when you applied online. Im assuming you checked a credit report to find out they in fact pulled EX ?

Yes, I was able to check EX and the pull is indeed there. 

Message 8 of 12
praise123
Contributor

Do you have any other CC? Don't feel bad. In March, I had 600 so I got a secure card and in June the score jumped up to 645 and I got 4 CC in June. My score is about 639 but I am hoping that it goes back up by next year. Maybe you can get a secure card
Message 9 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@AF_23 wrote:

Am sorry dude, but this ain't correct.  Citi pulls all three and has for nearly a decade.

I don't know how we got that mistaken on the forums honestly unless there was a period of time where they went single vendor, but that's not the case now for certain looking at the databases.

        
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.