Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I totally give up on Macy's

tag
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

I totally give up on Macy's

okay I applied back in Aug got denied for defaulting with their affilate company finally got the nerve to call the back door number. (I know should have done it sooner) and the rep totally blew me off and told me to go in the store and reapply when I asked if the app could be recon.  That was my second time applying no way Im gonna go to the store and get denied!! Oh well I totally give up on them I really shop their alot. :Smiley SadStill love their store.Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
jkfaria
Valued Member

Re: I totally give up on Macy's

Really sorry that happened to ya VEE.

I might apply in December, I 'm hoping a Sears CO (citi) will drop off my TU report this month.  I could be wrong but I think Macy's is Citi-backed and I've never been approved for this card and I believe this is the reason...

EQ Fico - 677 CCT - 712
TU Fico - 692 CCT - 665
EX Fico - ??? CCT - 698
Message 2 of 10
tray
Valued Contributor

Hi, if  I was in your situation I would not give up so easily.  Was the rep you spoke with a supervisor, if not you never know you could have been speaking to someone who just starting working there prehaps and does not know too much,  too bad you could not plead your case to someone that at one point in your life you fell on hard times and you defaulted on another company, but you shop at Macy's frequently and would like to be part of their family if there anything that can be done.  I wish you the best of luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

nah, don't give up, why let a handful of unhelpful cs encounters distract you from a worthy goal of macy's approval, especially since it is such a good match for you.  you're lucky you happen to shop a lot at the store that has one of the best store cards bar none and while you REALLY may have better luck in store at some point, if you can't bring yourself to do the in store app then re-app on line when you're ready in a few, if they won't recon. 

imo macy's is to store cards what pen fed platinum is to rewards cards, just in the sense that it is totally worth the process on your road to approval, even if there are hurdles along the way! and remember- you will ultimatley be approved if you keep trying and can continue to be patient :smileyhappy:  i hope you'll reconsider veevee!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would not give up, I would apply in store like they say, I have heard better responses from applying in store
Message 5 of 10
jdsays
Contributor

Dont give up!!  I applied online the other day for xmas shopping and was approved for $600.  I had to call in to verify a new address but other than that it was easy.  I was too afraid to apply in store in person!  LOL

Starting Score: EQ: 590 TU: 599
Current Score: EQ: 642 TU: 683
Goal Score: 720 by 12/31/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Thanxs you guys for the encouragement this forum totally rocks!!!       I'll  apply in person. I will give ya an update as soon as I do Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 10
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

We're pulling for you VeeVee!
"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 8 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

Good luck!  Check your AAoA before adding more cards. 
Message 9 of 10
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

Thanks Jaysdad2kSmiley Happy
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.