Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I tried to tell y'all — Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I tried to tell y'all — Discover

I thought this was done, I thought this was over with. If the payment was returned, the payment was returned. They already charged a returned check fee. They already refunded that return check fee. I've made and processed other payments from my bank that have already went through. So here I am sitting here with a card with 80 percent of the credit line freed up, but a held payment of an extra 20 percent. The thing about it is nobody at Discover told me how long they would be retrying this payment. They're taking an axe to my bank account. And the funny thing about all of this is, I removed my bank account information from Discover's website.

They need to stop. I'm going to spend another 4 hours on the phone with them. Let's see if they can figure this one out. You know this is Discover. Let's see what they come up with this time.

Message 11 of 80
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

I remembered but didn't get to post in that thread cuz of the MJ effect lol
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 80
driftless
Valued Contributor

I remember motoleo from his last thread. Is there any wonder that Discover is holding a check after motoleo bounced the last one on them? And, then motoleo tried to blame the bounced check on Discover? I don't think that MJ should lock down this thread but instead make it a sticky.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 13 of 80
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@driftless wrote:
I remember motoleo from his last thread. Is there any wonder that Discover is holding a check after motoleo bounced the last one on them? And, then motoleo tried to blame the bounced check on Discover? I don't think that MJ should lock down this thread but instead make it a sticky.

+1.. Nothing more to ad

@OP read bolded that is your reason right there..

Best of luck with Discover... I think you two should part your ways to savfeyou aggrevation and theirs as well.

Message 14 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought this was done, I thought this was over with. If the payment was returned, the payment was returned. They already charged a returned check fee. They already refunded that return check fee. I've made and processed other payments from my bank that have already went through. So here I am sitting here with a card with 80 percent of the credit line freed up, but a held payment of an extra 20 percent. The thing about it is nobody at Discover told me how long they would be retrying this payment. They're taking an axe to my bank account. And the funny thing about all of this is, I removed my bank account information from Discover's website.

They need to stop. I'm going to spend another 4 hours on the phone with them. Let's see if they can figure this one out. You know this is Discover. Let's see what they come up with this time.

I'm not 100% sure how it works with electronic payments, but I do know with checks if a check is returned for insufficient funds, the person is allowed to try to re-deposit that check one more time (but only one more time). I would think the same would be true for an electronic payment, but not sure if they are allowed to try to withdraw more than once.

Message 15 of 80
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not 100% sure how it works with electronic payments, but I do know with checks if a check is returned for insufficient funds, the person is allowed to try to re-deposit that check one more time (but only one more time). I would think the same would be true for an electronic payment, but not sure if they are allowed to try to withdraw more than once.

Correct 

In the last thread which I posted Discover rules it clearly stated a returned check may be resubmitted up to 3 times 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@myjourney wrote:

Correct 

In the last thread which I posted Discover rules it clearly stated a returned check may be resubmitted up to 3 times 

Thank you! I must have missed that post. I wonder if that is true for all electronic payments, or is this specific to Discover?

Message 17 of 80
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Correct 

Thank you! I must have missed that post. I wonder if that is true for all electronic payments, or is this specific to Discover?

My bad I should have clarified better 

It stated check/electronic payment 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 80
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I definitely remember this from the last time.

All I have to say is good luck OP!

More than enough credit.
Message 19 of 80
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

:
@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Not again Smiley Frustrated .. I can't handle another one of these

Hahahaha MJ is on it Smiley Frustrated

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.