cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've found the best pen for signing the back of credit cards.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've found the best pen for signing the back of credit cards.

Hi everyone, I'm newly registered but a long time reader.  I know signing the back of a credit card isn't at all required, and until recently I hadn't done it because of the inevitable smudging.  On a whim I found something that works, and I suspect some of you will find it useful.  Its a Sharpie Industrial Extra Fine marker.  In my experience, this marker has provided a profound improvement on other markers and pens.  I allowed a few minutes dry time, then attempted to smudge the signature with my finger to no avail.  I'm quite impressed.  Amazon is a good place to find it, and I suspect it'll be available at most office supply stores.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I've found the best pen for signing the back of credit cards.

Thanks for sharing.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pics or it didn't happen. 

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gonna pass on that - I'm a bit overly conservative when it comes to photographing my credit cards, hah.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was being tongue-in-cheek. Sometimes it's hard to convey over text. Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 11
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm newly registered but a long time reader.  I know signing the back of a credit card isn't at all required, and until recently I hadn't done it because of the inevitable smudging.  On a whim I found something that works, and I suspect some of you will find it useful.  Its a Sharpie Industrial Extra Fine marker.  In my experience, this marker has provided a profound improvement on other markers and pens.  I allowed a few minutes dry time, then attempted to smudge the signature with my finger to no avail.  I'm quite impressed.  Amazon is a good place to find it, and I suspect it'll be available at most office supply stores.

Those are the best. You can find them in most stores. The outside is silver and black striped, though.  Smiley Happy

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use just this pen for CC signatures.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was being tongue-in-cheek. Sometimes it's hard to convey over text. Smiley Tongue

95% of everyone here have a hard time reading sarcasm man. Not me though. Cat Wink

Message 8 of 11
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

first off they want me to sign them? now i have to buy a pen...what gives

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggalo9er wrote:

first off they want me to sign them? now i have to buy a pen...what gives

Ain't nobody got time for that.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.