cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want 20% cash back with Disco & Apple, but I only have AU cards. Is this too risky an application?

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: I want 20% cash back with Disco & Apple, but I only have AU cards. Is this too risky an appl

Sometimes they do, yes. Although they may not always get the best terms or highest SLs.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want 20% cash back with Disco & Apple, but I only have AU cards. Is this too risky an appl

you'd be surprised. many people get approved for amex and discover with 6 months history
Message 22 of 34
pdxmike
Regular Contributor

6 months I get, that seems to open a lot of doors. But I thought people needed student, secured, AU or subprime cards as their first accounts.

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Or less *raises hand* My scores were all under 700 at the time.
Message 24 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Amex and Discover are known to be awesome to people with little to no credit other than AU's and you fit that bill..   Worse thing that can happen is a denial and that will be 1 or 2 hp's at most and honestly will not hurt you(a few point hit).. You need to start somewhere and Discover is as good anything to start with..  Nothing in the credit world is guranteed so you won't get that from us, but I honestly think you have a very good chance at it.  People would be saying no if thought you didn't have a chance, we aren't here to give bad info, just educated advise/guesses.

If you really want a better gauge although still not guranteed, pull your real FICO's for $1 for creditchecktotal..  you get all 3 ficos(eq/ex/tu) for $1 as long as you cancel before 7 days are up..  Although I would suggest you keep it after that as it is an awesome product or of course you can get your scores here, but over on other site I mentioned is a much better value.

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
you'd be surprised. many people get approved for amex and discover with 6 months history

Lol, I had 0 days of individual credit history. Apped when I turned 18. 

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pdxmike wrote:

6 months I get, that seems to open a lot of doors. But I thought people needed student, secured, AU or subprime cards as their first accounts.

Not true.

Apped and approved for AMEX TE after getting approved for my two other cards in my sig. 

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

point proven lol
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover student cards ask for u to enter the school you go too also upon approval you have to let them know what documents you are sending in as verification you go to that school. Class schedule, financial aid award letter, etc. just went thru this with my daughter. I wouldn't go the student route if you aren't a student.
Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

just grow some eggs and app if you want it.
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.