Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want BCP!

tag
JonStur
Established Contributor

Re: I want BCP!

We know how you can get when you lock onto an idea..lol...but in this case I'd just holds off its only a couple of months...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 11 of 30
myjourney
Super Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

We know how you can get when you lock onto an idea..lol...but in this case I'd just holds off its only a couple of months...

Nailed it 

We do know 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Okay Lexie, I know what you're thinking:
This crazy sob doesn't need any more cc's or cc debt for that matter(about to pay $4,000 on it! Lol)

BUT... The new 15 mos 0% on bts and purchases...
Plus the 6% on groceries
AND the $150 sign up bonus.
What I'd like to do is get the BCP for only grocery spend. I prob spend 200-500$ on groceries just for me.
Would it be possible to app for this card, and xfer my whole $24,500 limit from BCE?
I don't want BCE any more; BCP makes more sense. I know that to do a PC I have to wait 13 months, so I'd prefer not to do that given the current sign up bonuses with BCP.
I also am just at a sold 700 these days and not looking to lower my score further lol.

Im on the fence really, and I'd like advice ! Thanks :-)

Your BCE will have to be 13 months to transfer the CL over.

Your best bet is to wait and do a PC, since you do not qualify for the sign-up bonus.

So during this year, you're really just missing out on $150 in cashback. Personally I don't think it's worth it.

However if you're planning to apply for this card and close out some other useless accounts, go for it. You're better off with another Amex revolver than a pointless card that you don't use.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

just for grins... Have you tried going online and "upgrading your current BCE" or called and asked?

you never know if someone or something in the computer lets it go through or who knows.... id be trying to PC though!

Message 14 of 30
gmason
Contributor

Also, regarding the 0% interest rate, I just tried the following:

If I look at the application page as an existing BCP member, it says 0% for 6 months.

If I look at the application page as non-member, it says 0% for 15 months.

So I think as a BCE card holder, you would not qualify for 15 months interest-free.

Message 15 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Really? Here we go again! As others have stated, the sign up bonus if off the table. If you cant get the signup bonus, do you still want the card?
I don't know if you really want to use Amex as a 0% BT card.

You've got to decide if its right for you.

Seems like you are going in the wrong direction - adding cc's

LMAO... yes Lexie... for Reals!

Message 16 of 30
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@gmason wrote:

If I look at the application page as an existing BCP member, it says 0% for 6 months.

So I think as a BCE card holder, you would not qualify for 15 months interest-free.

That's what I gathered from the app info as well.

Message 17 of 30
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@gmason wrote:

You should never sign in when applying for another American Express card. Usually, as you pointed out, doing so wil make you miss out on a decent bonus.

Message 18 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@gmason

I would think the 0% is part of the sign up/promo and therefore young would not be eligible.
Message 19 of 30
gmason
Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@gmason wrote:

You should never sign in when applying for another American Express card. Usually, as you pointed out, doing so wil make you miss out on a decent bonus.

Are you saying that if you make sure not to sign in, that you can get the bonus, interest rate, etc., offered to non-members? If it's reliable to do so, it would change my strategy for future applications for my wife vs a new card for myself in the spring (to maximize back-dating).

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.