Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want LOWES so bad!!!!! Ugh!!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I want LOWES so bad!!!!! Ugh!!!

I've been in the garden now since mid October, which is awesome for me, an also been very tough. Everyday in the garden gets easier, and I'm coming up on 3 months soon!!!  I've seen my scores increase a little on all three CRA's, and I'm just letting time do its thing. Lowes is my dream card in 2016. Sounds stupid maybe to want that card as a "dream card", but everyone is different and has different needs and wants. 

Even though Synchrony loves me, I  know that right now I wouldn't be approved due to my scores, new accounts, and inquires. I applied a few months back and was declined. Now, plan is to continue gardening and I might try next Christmas (2015), with everything aged to a year, and hopefully my TU score is over 675+. I might have a better chance. The small increases I see every month on my TU file is encouraging, and keeps me somewhat motivated. It will be worth it when I am approved somedaySmiley Happy 

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want LOWES so bad!!!!! Ugh!!!

@pizza1 wrote:

I've been in the garden now since mid October, which is awesome for me, an also been very tough. Everyday in the garden gets easier, and I'm coming up on 3 months soon!!!  I've seen my scores increase a little on all three CRA's, and I'm just letting time do its thing. Lowes is my dream card in 2016. Sounds stupid maybe to want that card as a "dream card", but everyone is different and has different needs and wants. 

Even though Synchrony loves me, I  know that right now I wouldn't be approved due to my scores, new accounts, and inquires. I applied a few months back and was declined. Now, plan is to continue gardening and I might try next Christmas (2015), with everything aged to a year, and hopefully my TU score is over 675+. I might have a better chance. The small increases I see every month on my TU file is encouraging, and keeps me somewhat motivated. It will be worth it when I am approved somedaySmiley Happy 

Stay the course.

Your reward will be cards other than store. Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nixon... I want lowes because well, it's Synchony, and they give eventually awesome CLI's, and they love me, lol. Plus it frees up my major cards, and of the the high (eventually) limitSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Nixon... I want lowes because well, it's Synchony, and they give eventually awesome CLI's, and they love me, lol. Plus it frees up my major cards, and of the the high (eventually) limitSmiley Happy

Do you have a big home improvement project on the horizon or is this just for utilization padding?

I can't consciously encourage this if it is just for the latter.

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Do you have a big home improvement project on the horizon or is this just for utilization padding?

Is that why I didn't get a congratulations from you in my thread?😡

Message 5 of 27
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Nixon, I rent an apartment, lol!! But I am looking at buying a small home in 3-4 yrs when I come up with a decent down payment. I'd like to have this card at least a year or two before then, so I can work on getting that cl up before I buySmiley Happy lol!!!

Message 6 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Keep being patient. Maybe by that time you'll get way better cards than Lowes. Always think long term.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Lol.

I don't do the "Congrat's, Thanks for sharing" thing much..

You're welcome to look over every post i've made. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Nixon, I rent an apartment, lol!! But I am looking at buying a small home in 3-4 yrs when I come up with a decent down payment. I'd like to have this Caesar least a year or two before then, so I can work on getting that cl up before I buySmiley Happy lol!!!

I live in an apartment too Pizza but I need a refrigerator and my TU score is the highest it's ever been right now. I decided for a Lowes card because I'll probably end up buying the frige at Lowes or Home Depot anyway and none of my Visas or MC' have limits high enough to buy a frige without over utilizing them unfortunately plus there's no interest. I too plan to get a house in the near future so might as well jump in now and have that good history with them when I really need it. I know where you're coming from!

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

Lol.

I don't do the "Congrat's, Thanks for sharing" thing much..

You're welcome to look over every post i've made. Smiley Happy

It's okay Nixon. I know you're happy for me! 😉

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.