cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a Barclays APPLE CARD! Help!!!

tag
kimcakee
Established Member

Re: I want a Barclays APPLE CARD! Help!!!

I have no BADDIES at all. But yea my BARCLAY and CapOne UTIL is pretty High. So I guess no new iMac for now.

What do you think of COSTCO AMEX? Im a frequent shopper there and I think getting the card would be a good idea. But I dont know If I can get approved either. :/

as of June 12, 2012
EQ FICO 689, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 713 --NO BADDIES
BoA platinum Visa (600CL), Cap1 No hassle cash reward MC (750CL)
Barclay Carnival MC (2500CL), AU on Direct rewards HSBC (500CL)
Message 11 of 17
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Looks like you will just have to pay down them cc's then.

Message 12 of 17
kimcakee
Established Member

I guess so! Smiley Happy

How soon can I apply after I paid down the balances?

as of June 12, 2012
Message 13 of 17
kimcakee
Established Member

another question.

how many times I can apply for barclay in a day that will only count as 1 pull?

as of June 12, 2012
Message 14 of 17
ezef3ar
Contributor

Barclays it's a bad idea right now... Just pay your balances down as low as possible knowing Barclay by trying to get more credit you risking you current account as well they can be really picky... An about the Costco American Express its hard to say. They don't like high balances So. I would recommend to wait. Longer and lower the balance on you current credit cards Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 17
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Wait till the lower or zero balances show up on your credit report then apply.  I'd go for a prime card with a 0% intro APR (Chase Freedom maybe?) rather than the Barclays Apple card.  You can use the Freedom for anything and the rewards are pretty good.

Message 16 of 17
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@kimcakee wrote:

Thanks!

We already got the house 3 mos ago. But is not showing on my report yet. 

I guess dont apply for Barclay then. Which other CC company should I try and get easy approval with my current credit? Second reason I want to get a new acct is to maximize utility.

Hey kimcakee!

I recommend a Bill Me Later account.  I think you will qualify for the account even with the high utility.  They typically pull EQ but the account doesn't report so it won't hurt your utility.  The Apple site takes BML as a form of payment.  That's my .02 cents.  Right now, they are offering 6 months 0% interest and no payments on purchases over $250.  The downside... if you don't pay it off in 6 months, all interest accrues and the APR is 19.99%.  Good Luck with what ever you decide.  You can apply at check out online to see if you qualify. 

Edit:  BTW... I never recommend going into more debt when you already have a high utility, but I wanted to answer your question with an alternative. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.