cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a Choice Hotels Card by Barclay... How long should I wait!?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I want a Choice Hotels Card by Barclay... How long should I wait!?

I just made my 2nd payment on my Barclay Rewards Card which was my foot back in the door after settling my account with them just over 1 year ago... Do you think I need the full 6 months with them before trying for a 2nd card with them?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: I want a Choice Hotels Card by Barclay... How long should I wait!?

Yes.. you should wait... Your not going to wait.. but you should wait the 6 statements....

-J

Message 2 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Yes.. you should wait... Your not going to wait.. but you should wait the 6 statements....

-J

Well, my NEED for the Card would be Nov. so I guess I wouldn't be able to wait the full 6 months if I wanted the card for the actual main purpose but otherwise I really would wait... I keep forgetting we are already in AUG!!! ugh

Message 3 of 16
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

-J

Smiley Tongue

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 4 of 16
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

I also say wait but since you need it in Nov I know you are going to go for it. Good luck!

Message 5 of 16
RBFool
Contributor

@destine2grow wrote:
I also say wait but since you need it in Nov I know you are going to go for it. Good luck!

Wait til Oct? Would 2 months history matter?

BK 7 Dismissed: 5/2014 AAoA: 6 years Credit Scores (07-02-2015): My Privacy Matters: TU: 633 EX:658 EQ: 651
How to add pics to Signature

Message 6 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@destine2grow wrote:

I can get 4, maybe even 5 statements and payments on my current Barclay card before applying if I want to try to have it for my Nov. purchase... I can also make my $700 BT that I am paying in the 6 months 0% to show usage and decent payments just completely paid off before then... think it will be enough with them?

Would also be 3 months of Marriott Reporting too!

Message 7 of 16
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

@RBFool wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

Wait til Oct? Would 2 months history matter?

TBH I don't know if it will matter a lot. I would rather CA wait 6mths but he want to use it for his upcoming trip.

Message 8 of 16
destine2grow
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@destine2grow wrote:

I can get 4, maybe even 5 statements and payments on my current Barclay card before applying if I want to try to have it for my Nov. purchase... I can also make my $700 BT that I am paying in the 6 months 0% to show usage and decent payments just completely paid off before then... think it will be enough with them?

Would also be 3 months of Marriott Reporting too!

I think that sounds like a good plan and should be enough. The good thing is you can recon if you get denied and explain anything that may come into question.

Message 9 of 16
joltdude
Senior Contributor

If you can hang in for that 5th statement... It may be enough, esp if you have that other card with them...

Know it be cutting it close for the trip, but I envision them saying.. you dont have a long enough history with us...

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.