Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a new card...

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: I want a new card...

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got a big purchase coming up and I usually allow myself 1 or two new cards per year.  I am currently past 5/24 and have no in-branch pre approvals with Chase so they are out, even though the CSR, before March, is the card I want.  Anyone have a card that comes with a good sign-up bonus and might be a good one to have in the line-up?  I have toyed with the idea of Venture or BCP.  Any other good cards with a nice sign-up bonus out there? 

what are your scores, aaoa and last app date?  one idea is to open up a chase busines checking account; $ 500 deposit and you get $ 200 back if you follow some stupid easy rules.  after that both ink cards should pop up, choose the 80K one and away you go.  I did a csp on monday and a ink today both in-branch. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want a new card...

It's not so much boredom but taking advantage of a big purchase that with the right card could maybe help me pay for my next vacation.  Cards change every year so I don't see the harm in trying a new one every six month or so to see if it's a good fit.  And if it's not then I shouldn't be afraid to ditch it, but I haven't yet.

I would like to get the CSR, but again, not if the 100,000 bonus is slashed, which it will be after March.  It looks like it is going to be the one that gets away, which I can live with. 

I already have the Ink Preferred.  I was lucky to get it at the end of 2016.  I think I slipped through Chase' cracks on that one.  I came in to open a business account with a coupon and then the pre-approval popped up.  They won't pre-approve me for anything else so I will move on to other offers.  And a customer service rep told me that AU counts on 5/24.  Not sure how firm any of it is though, I talk to my banker about it a lot and he said it's actually not the official position of Chase. 

Hate my Aviator card, but everytime I call to do a product change they waive the annual fee.  The Citi AA card is in the lead.  We fly AA probably twice a year. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.