Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a new credit card with good benefits and longest 0%APR offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want a new credit card with good benefits and longest 0%APR offer

Hello,

I have really learned a lot from this wonderful forum and awesome people here sharing their stories and experiences. My FICO score is currently 716 and I have 4 credit cards, 2 CITI, 1 Chase, 1 BoA AMEX and unfortunately, I recently had a lump sum of debt that will take some time for me to pay especially with low income and everyday shopping each month (groceries, bills, .. etc). I get lots of pre-approved offers from Discover More, Capital One and AMEX Premiere cards (not applicable to current situation) and I was thinking of applying for a fifth card with 0% APR on purchases for 12 - 15 months that will help me pay the current debt on other cards while reducing my stress on everyday purchases. I have a pre-approved offer for a 0%APR offer for 12 months from Wells Fargo but I do not see lots of advantages in this card that makes me tempted other than the 0%APR. If you agree with my idea of opening a fifth card, please let me know what is your recommendation for a card with good privileges and 0%APR for 12 - 15 month (if I have the luxury, I would love to have something with a minimum of 1% cashback on everyday purchases and I also need a high credit limit to cover me for this long time).

Please, help me with that.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: I want a new credit card with good benefits and longest 0%APR offer

Citi is currently offering 18 months at 0% for BT on the platinum select, I would suggest that if your just trying to get help with paying debt off faster.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Citi is currently offering 18 months at 0% for BT on the platinum select, I would suggest that if your just trying to get help with paying debt off faster.

Thanks for your advice. The problem is that balance transfer has a 3% fees and I do not want to pay that. I already have many balance transfer offers on my current cards but the fees kill it. Also, I already have 2 cards from Citi and I think it would not be nice to have a third. Any other ideas? I do not see people jumping on the question as usual.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Thanks for your advice. The problem is that balance transfer has a 3% fees and I do not want to pay that. I already have many balance transfer offers on my current cards but the fees kill it. Also, I already have 2 cards from Citi and I think it would not be nice to have a third. Any other ideas? I do not see people jumping on the question as usual.

A CU may offer BT without a fee, but most cards are going to include a fee, but I would be surprised that even at 3% 18 months would more than pay for that fee... How much are spending on interest each month right now?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.