cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to PC my freedom to freedom unlimited but....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to PC my freedom to freedom unlimited but....

I want to PC my freedom to the freedom unlimited buuuut I've applied for and been approved for 5 chase cards in the past few months. I really don't need a reason for lending to critique my accounts. Would you just forget it?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: I want to PC my freedom to freedom unlimited but....

I think if your overall profile is strong, like low balances, low inquires, not like 15 new accounts you should be fine if csr wants to transfer you to lending. Some people can secure message them and get it done. They always tell me to call though. You can try that method and see how that works.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a ton of new accounts and inquiries lately. Wondering if SM is the best way to go or not at all.
Message 3 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

its up to you, from my experience I have asked them to do a few things via secure message like upgrade card, move limits and PC a card when I should have been more low radar. Nothing ever happened from it, but i never followed up and talked to lending about it. The secure message thing really wont hurt you from my experience. 

Message 4 of 11
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a ton of new accounts and inquiries lately. Wondering if SM is the best way to go or not at all.

do what you want, let the chips fall as they may.  I had an unused freedom that they did a pc to a fuvs and they did it via sm in one pass.  they seem easy to deal with imo

Message 5 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I think ddemari is probably right. If overall your profile is in good shape, it may not be an issue. Although there is nothing wrong with playing it safe.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Off topic here, but I'm curious why you're seeing more value in the FU rather than the Freedom.  Is it that you don't really use the rotating categories like you used to or something? 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I always forget to activate the rotating categories and when I use the card it would just be easier to get the straight 1.5
Message 8 of 11
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

I changed mine on a secrure message request.

I have high usage right now and lots of fresh cards.

there was zero issue they didn't even blink...just changed it and kept the same acct number and existing promos.

I got the new card today.

Cancelling Quicksilver now.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there much difference between a FU and QS?  I've always viewed them as pretty much the same.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.