cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to add a supplementary card holder on my Amex - does AMEX run his/her credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to add a supplementary card holder on my Amex - does AMEX run his/her credit

Good evening,

I have an American Express card, (U.S) issued and want to give my fiancee a supplementary card with his name. Will they run his credit? He has average credit due to some student loans that he is paying back.

If this is not an option, how can I provide him some form of credit card (not debit) for his international travel?

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want to add a supplementary card holder on my Amex - does AMEX run his/her credit

@Anonymous wrote:

Good evening,

I have an American Express card, (U.S) issued and want to give my fiancee a supplementary card with his name. Will they run his credit? He has average credit due to some student loans that he is paying back.

If this is not an option, how can I provide him some form of credit card (not debit) for his international travel?

Thank you

No, they will not "run his credit" but they will require that you provide his social security number and date of birth either when adding him, or within 60 days after adding him.  The process itself is quite simple...just log in to your online account and click on Account Services > Add Someone to Your Account and provide his name, social security number, and date of birth.  A card in his name will  be mailed to you in a few days. 

Alternatively you can call the number on the back of your card and ask a CSR to add him, and you can also request that they expedite/overnight the card to you if necessary.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want to add a supplementary card holder on my Amex - does AMEX run his/her credit

Thank you

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.