Did you mean: 

I was bored..apped Citi Forward

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: I was bored..apped Citi Forward

@honky wrote:

Approved 7k cl.  22.9%

EX was pulled and showed 712, which is quite a bit lower than my EQ from here.

2 accounts with serious derogs from 5 years ago, nothing recent.  This was the second mention of my student loan balance being too high, so I will pif.

Oh, highest CL was $700 Walmart and an AU on a $3600 cap1

But, I got an error when clicking continue and couldnt get into the account Smiley Sad

CONGRATS!!!!

Awesome starting CL!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 15
Open123
Super Contributor

@honky wrote:

I was going to app for this card either way because I dine out a fairly often.  Anywhere from 500-1500 per month on dining will make this card well worth having for my situation.

I was planning on waiting to app, but I was bored so I went for it a little early.

LOL...I've done the same, many times.

In my view, there are far worse things in life than opening up a new tradline.  I'm from the school of thought where you get your credit before you need it, since by the time when you really need it, no one will give it to you.

Message 12 of 15
honky
Regular Contributor

Thanks, thats really the same approach I am taking.  I dont plan on taking on a mortgage for another 3-4 years, but I want to make sure I have all inq off by that time for the best rates.  I do not forsee any real need for credit at all.  Ive been paying cash and am self-emplyed, so I am trying to go the safe route and earn rewards in the process.

This has become my new hobby and Im trying to have some fun with it!

Starting Score: 580 2/03/12
Current Score: 810 EQ // 829 TU(Walmart)
Goal Score: Achieved!

Wallet: Citi Forward(13.5k), Ink plus(18k), CSP(13.5k), Freedom(6k), BoA123(13k), Alliant CU(5k), Walmart(2k), Kohls(1.4k), QuickSIlver(7.5k) Amex Simplycash Business(46.5k)
Message 13 of 15
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

I realize I'm late to the party on this one, but can you say if you were approved?  Thanks much.

Message 14 of 15
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

I realize I'm late to the party on this one, but can you say if you were approved?  Thanks much.

He was approved. 7K. :-)

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.